Thread: Hancock and Moore Expedition Chair

Default Hancock and Moore Expedition Chair

Hello, I live in a town with very little furniture to look at. I do have a Hancock and Moore dealer, however. I have chosen the Arrington sofa (I will be purchasing two) which I will be covering in fabric (Taylor King to be specific). We were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to look at some additional H&M at a store in Scottsdale recently. We liked the Expedition chair (we would be purchasing two of these also). My plan was to cover said two chairs in fabric (again Taylor King) however in seeing these listed, it almost seems a crime not to have them done in leather. These chairs will be used for tv watching and MUST be comfortable. What type of leather would you recommend? I hate that feeling of sliding out of leather... I do also love the color pop that fabric lends.... Any direction you can give me could be helpful. Thank you.

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Expedition Chair

If you intend to use Taylor King fabric on Hancock and Moore, don't wait too long to place your order. The relationship of inter-company transfer is ending and you will no longer be able easily do this without incurring a large cost. Last day to do this is Feb 28th, Friday. Right now, there is a cross-grade program in effect where you pay only a nominal transfer fee ($ 125). Taylor King is not owned by Rock House Brands Companies, its an independent company that is still owned by the founders of Hancock & Moore. Now, you can still interchange any Rock House Brand company fabrics with that same transfer fee and that will continue on March 1st. Those would include Hancock & Moore, Jessica Charles, Century, Highland Hill, Pearson, Hickory Chair (no transfer fees if Hancock and Moore > Jessica Charles and vice versa).

What makes you slide out of leather is the cheap leather, you are sliding on the topcoat of a finished (protected) hide. Now if you get REAL leather (defined as Full Top Grain, Aniline, or Unprotected) you won't slide, stay away from the Pull-ups though as they have a more waxy finish (Tiburon, Tuscany, etc). Better leathers can hit your pocketbook harder as well, to some they are worth it - others not. You have to decide. The best looking Expedition chair I ever saw come through my store was this one, it was terrific and super comfortable. No sliding, and plenty of pop. Your decor in the room will determine which one you ultimately get, however. If not price sensitive, it's pretty hard to beat a chair made in Capri leather (GR 4), that's top shelf and feels like velvet.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ght=expedition
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.