Actually that was an older post. I get smarter as every day goes buy. H&M does not offer a heavy-duty spring option, however they will reinforce the frame if requested with stiffener brackets. Typically the charge for that is about $ 120 last time I checked. You can also request extra firmness on the cushion cores (which changes the density of the foam) at no charge. There are Plus 1, Plus 2, and Plus 3 firmness levels. I do not recommend going beyond a Plus 1 upgrade because you can get them too stiff. At 280 lb., I don't think its necessary to buttress the frame on a sectional, but you *may* want to think about a Plus 1 firmness upgrade.

I have Kipling on my own personal recliner which is now 3 years old. I personally would not shy away from it because its 'unprotected' because in truth it has a fairly durable top coating on it. I have zero stains and no grime on my recliner at home. I have no reports of any customer staining their Kipling leather, either.

Aspen is a decent protected leather, but doesn't have the visual appeal of Kipling. Its not as processed-looking as Document or Cavalier and falls squarely in the middle of th range in class 2 hides on my scale of desirability. Antelope, a class 3 hide, is the best of the protected leathers by a long margin in my opinion.