Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which model Hancock and Moore?

Default Re: Which model Hancock and Moore?

Actually that was an older post. I get smarter as every day goes buy. H&M does not offer a heavy-duty spring option, however they will reinforce the frame if requested with stiffener brackets. Typically the charge for that is about $ 120 last time I checked. You can also request extra firmness on the cushion cores (which changes the density of the foam) at no charge. There are Plus 1, Plus 2, and Plus 3 firmness levels. I do not recommend going beyond a Plus 1 upgrade because you can get them too stiff. At 280 lb., I don't think its necessary to buttress the frame on a sectional, but you *may* want to think about a Plus 1 firmness upgrade.

I have Kipling on my own personal recliner which is now 3 years old. I personally would not shy away from it because its 'unprotected' because in truth it has a fairly durable top coating on it. I have zero stains and no grime on my recliner at home. I have no reports of any customer staining their Kipling leather, either.

Aspen is a decent protected leather, but doesn't have the visual appeal of Kipling. Its not as processed-looking as Document or Cavalier and falls squarely in the middle of th range in class 2 hides on my scale of desirability. Antelope, a class 3 hide, is the best of the protected leathers by a long margin in my opinion.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bellrom Guest

What color in Antelope is similar to the Kipling whiskey/Aspen saddle?

Antelope Saddle.

PM me if you need samples.
    Duane Collie

nneiman Guest

isBased on your recommendation for inside depth and seat height for the smaller person, it seems that the only H & M sofa with a round upholstered arm is the City. Do you know of another one? I was looking for one with nailhead trim.

johna Guest

Duane, my wife and I are 5'7" and 5'4" respectively and we need a sofa that will accommodate our short height comfortably. We are torn between the City 9840 City Sofa and the 1724 Journey Sofa. Please PM me the cost of the 1724 Journey with nail trim.
    Last edited by johna; 04-03-2013 at 12:48 PM.

MADEINUSA Guest

try the 5664 Valencia chair,it has rounded arm and nil trim on the arms,recently bought 2 of them,I am 5' 8" and are very comfortable to sit,its definitely for people between 5"2"'-5'8" tall.

hglaber Guest

Quote Originally Posted by johna View Post
    You have given us a price on the City at ...
    Careful - posting quotes openly on the forum is probably not a good idea. It can cause problems between the dealer and the manufacturer. Don't be offended if you find this post modified or removed by a moderator.

For discussing prices, private messages (PMs) are better. You can send them by going to one of their posts and clicking on the their ID at the top of their post, then choose "Private Message" from the menu that pops up.

johna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hglaber View Post
    Careful - posting quotes openly on the forum is probably not a good idea. It can cause problems between the dealer and the manufacturer. Don't be offended if you find this post modified or removed by a moderator.

For discussing prices, private messages (PMs) are better. You can send them by going to one of their posts and clicking on the their ID at the top of their post,
    then choose "Private Message" from the menu that pops up.
    Noted. I didn't know it was forbidden but do now. Thanks! I'll go PM next time.

I am 6 ft is the 4153 a good choice in terms of the back or depth of the sofa. And, what would be the price in a grade 2 or 3 saddle leather? it would ship to northern California.

If you would like a price quote, please go to the QUOTES and ORDER thread her in the forum and fill out the requested information including a specific cover choice.

# 4153 will fit you OK, but you may want something a bit taller if you want your head to touch the back cushions, such as a # 9503 Kodiak, or a # 4827 West End. Something 38" or taller in the back.
    Duane Collie