Thread: Articulating Headrests-Many mechanism failures? Brad Young, King Hick,Hooker Compare

Default Articulating Headrests-Many mechanism failures? Brad Young, King Hick,Hooker Compare

I'm under the impression that articulating headrest functionality is fairly new (5 years or so?). Can anyone comment if failure is common and if so, is it true across most manufacturers or particular mechanisms?

I'm considering Bradington Young, maybe King Hickory recliners. How does King Hickory overall build compare to BY? Any comments regarding tailoring and construction of recliners would be appreciated.
    How does King Hickory tailoring and construction compare to Hooker.

Does anyone know what reclining and what articulating headrest mechanisms each of the three manufacturers uses?

Default Re: Articulating Headrests-Many mechanism failures? Brad Young, King Hick,Hooker Com

The Articulating headrests are relatively new to market, three or four years now. I know Leggett and Platt mechs come in all the ones I order, not sure if anyone else makes them. No issue with them that I've been aware of. Power mechanisms have far less breakage than manual units as the motors lift things gently whereas people slam the manual ones and blow the rivets on the mechs.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Articulating Headrests-Many mechanism failures? Brad Young, King Hick,Hooker Com

Thank you Doug