Thread: Sectionals - Hancock and Moore or Bradington Young?

Default Sectionals - Hancock and Moore or Bradington Young?

Hello Duane,

We are looking at sectionals from HM (Your Way) and BY (Sectional by Design) for the man cave. I was looking for your input on how both products stack up in terms of present day quality and value. After specing arm style, finish, leg style, cushion style, nailhead in comprable configurations, using a grade 1 or 2 leather, the HM is 25-30% more. How best is this gap explained?
    I kmow HM offers lifetime warranty on cushions, does BY? We were looking at deep depth cushions, (we are not small humans) HM offers it, not sure about BY. We are thinking of not going with welts on the cushions, an option with BY but not sure about HM. Your forum is great and so informative. Thank you for the info.

Steve

Default Re: Sectionals - Hancock and Moore or Bradington Young?

I can compare and contrast these two as I've been a dealer for both for over twenty years on each one.

First let's do some prior threads - the Search feature here is your friend. If you have questions after reading this, I'll be glad to respond.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-Hancock-Moore

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...rent-companies

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...adington-Young

Hancock & Moore does free back and seat cushion core replacement as long as you own the piece (original owner only, keep your receipt!). You don't even pay shipping - no charge.

Bradington Young does seats only (you pay shipping) and if the piece gets to be 10 years or older they tend to say "That's too old, sorry" and I have less success in getting them for customers.

As to H&M cushion closures, this is a Stickey in the Leather section:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...shion-closures
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Am very happy with my BY sectional. Can’t speak to how it stacks up to the HM, but I do feel strongly that even the BY is in a class dramatically ahead of other options on the market. I think you’ll be happy with either options.

Duane,

Thank you for your reply. I have searched the archives and read most of these posts, however, I had not seen the post about HM offering Welt delete thanks to you. I guess I was curious if anything has changed in the present-day as some of the posts were 5+ years back. Big fan of this forum.

Thank you,

Steve

No changes really, other than Bradington Young has built a new production facility double the size of their existing place and will be looking to ramp up orders to make use of that new production capability.
    Duane Collie

Duane,

Thank you, looking to wrap up this decision to take advantage of the HM semi-annual sale if we go HM before it ends.

Yes, the H&M sale of 5% off goes to March 9th, and does not include the Town and Country Program, or the Your Way promotion.

I have bought into a Bradington Young premium stocking dealer program (requires me to triple the amount of floor models) so that gives me a 5% off sale period each quarter for one week only. We are going to start that first sale period shortly, as soon as my B-Y Sales Rep confirms the dates.

I will have to cut back on my Hancock and Moore frames as well in order to accommodate the incoming B-Y stock. My store is only 5,000 s.f. and I typically have fifty + H&M frames on display (funny how people come in and tell me that's not enough!) but that will be going down to more like forty.
    Duane Collie