Thread: H & M Journey Recliner Cushions

Default H & M Journey Recliner Cushions

Hi Duane,

You often advise to replace cushion cores in H & M furniture. We are looking at a used Journey recliner, and everything looks good except for the cushions, particularly the back cushion. What about that back cushion? Does it have a zipper and would that need to be done by a professional? Can we order directly from H & M? Thanks for any info, MJ

Default Re: H & M Journey Recliner Cushions

The seat cushion is an easy zip in and zip out replacement on the # 1724 Journey Recliner. The Back cushion (as I recall) does not have that zipper replacement and would have to be done by an upholsterer I believe - who may have to detach the cushion. I don't have a 1724 in the store to look at, so pull the seat cushion off and see if there is a zipper at the bottom of the back cushion that can be opened up. You have to order cores from a dealer, you would be looking at $ 210 in materials plus shipping.

Original owners of Hancock and Moore get free replacements as long as they own the item, which is why registering your new pieces is important! Also save your sales receipt and put it somewhere where you can find it in ten years. I suggest storing it in the seat casing itself.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: H & M Journey Recliner Cushions

Thank you. I was afraid there might not be a zipper on the back. If we have to get an upholsterer involved on the used recliner, we'll probably pass on it unless we can get them down on the price. Thanks again.