Thread: Leather Recliner Suggestion

Default Leather Recliner Suggestion

Hello, I'm new to the forum and have been reading some of the recliner suggestions recently and thought I'd ask directly. I've seen the Bradington-Young Huss recliner suggested on a few occasions by DrCollie. I have been looking at several BY recliners but haven't found the Huss model to sit on locally. I'm a 5'8 male and trying to find a comfortable fit. I've tried several models including the William, which was too deep for me to sit comfortably and my feet did not touch the ground. The smaller version of the William, called the Mary was very comfortable but seemed too small, almost a female's chair. I also tried the Alta which sat comfortably but was a little taller than I'm looking for. Based on listed dimensions, the Huss seems like it may be a happy medium. It's been a few years since the original post recommending the Huss, but is it still a good choice or does anyone have a better suggestion? Thank you of your time!

Default Re: Leather Recliner Suggestion

Here’s the problem with recommending a recliner to you as a “great fit”. I don’t know your preferences (nor does anyone) and only you can determine what is right for you. I personally can sit in a broad range of recliners and be satisfied with many of them. I would be equally as comfortable in a B-Y Alta as I would be a B-Y Huss. In my store I have at least (15) recliners on display and I can be happy in (13) of those (15). However I have people come in and declare them all unsatisfactory and leave, and I’m there scratching my head trying to figure out what they want? My suggestion is to keep looking and keep trying, because you seem to have specific criteria and know what you are looking for. Having said that, I think the B-Y Huss is basically a less tall Alta. Good Luck,
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you! Do have a suggestion of the premier down cushions vs spring down as far as longevity? They both are comfortable to me?

Both should have the same lifespan, however in BY you will pay an upgrade price if you change from whatever is standard in the series, typically it’s Premier Down in most styles.
    Duane Collie

Appreciate your time! I was told I can choose whichever cushion I like for no additional charge. Would you suggest one over the other or is it just a matter of preference?

Quite honestly I personally cannot tell the difference, however maybe some can.
    Duane Collie