Thread: Leather recliner sticker residue

Default Leather recliner sticker residue

We just purchased a nice floor model H&M leather recliner. There was a sticker on the small bar (footrest) that apparently had been on there for some time as it was hard to get off and left a sticky residue. Some came off with soap suds and a soft cloth, but not most of it. Any suggestions? It is protected leather, Juno.

Also, I would like to condition it after removing the residue, but am reluctant to use just any conditioner as some of them seem to make matte finishes shiny.

Default Re: Leather recliner sticker residue

The sticker was on the leather? Who puts stickers on leather! Nev-ah! Let's see a photo of the area.

Juno is a finished leather (painted). This is what I normally use. Test under the seat first

https://www.amazon.com/3M-General-Pu...a-362519602005
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I know, that was an odd place for a sticker! I got all the white but I can feel the residue, it's not really that visible. But that's not all. They had a hang tag on the top cushion and the plastic string is sticking out about an inch or so where it was cut. Does not seem to be anywhere to pull out the end tab. Also, and the worst, there are a couple of small tears on the big footrest at the lower corner that looked to be repaired but poorly, not even the right color (beige on Juno Dove). I have complained and they are sending a tech out next week to look at it. I did not see it when inspecting it at the store, and I realize it was a floor model, but on this quality chair, I would expect better.

Thank you for the tip on the adhesive remover, will test a hidden area first.

It's easy to get a new footrest, just four screws holding them on. I don't try to repair those if they get damaged, I just order a new one from H&M and screw it on. Less hassle and customers are happier. We rarely see cuts in the footrests though, that unit had a lot of people smacking into something for that to occur.
    Duane Collie

Wow, thanks for that information, Duane. Yes, something got it, because it is gouged and a little scraped. I am going to discuss it with the tech because I don't see a satisfactory fix the more I look at it. This is the Ghent recliner in Juno Dove. Is it still available? They called it a "closeout" but could just be that store is not going to carry it.

The furniture company tech came out this morning. He looked at the footrest damage and said he could take it back to the shop and make it look better, but he was concerned about the location, the use it gets. He said he was going to recommend a new footrest be ordered. Then he saw that it was a floor model and hesitated. He was not sure if the cost would work within what the store has in the chair. However, he is going to push for it, the right fix. Out of curiosity, do you know about how much they cost to replace?

BTW, I was going to buy the remover, but I was able to get most of the sticky residue off with a mechanical pencil eraser and gentle rubbing. Then used a little soap suds and rinsed. I can no longer feel it, so I think it's ok now.
    Last edited by MJS20; 03-04-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Sorry but no, I would have to call to get a price, its not a regular order part.
    Duane Collie