"Dad" should be proud.

By NANCY DILLON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
LOS ANGELES - Like father, like daughter, like son.

Actor Ryan O'Neal, 67, and 23-year-old Redmond - his son with actress Farrah Fawcett - were busted Wednesday on felony drug charges.

Deputies found what is believed to be methamphetamine on them during a probation sweep of their Malibu home. Father and son were later released on $10,000 bail each. "Authorities found Redmond in possession of narcotics and later discovered the father, Ryan O'Neal, was also in possession of narcotics," spokesman Steve Whitmore told the Daily News.

A vial of the alleged narcotics was found in Ryan O'Neal's bedroom at his Malibu home. Whitmore said the discovery came as "part of a routine probation compliance search" stemming from a previous drug case involving Redmond.
Redmond is serving three years' probation after admitting he was carrying heroin and crystal meth when he was caught on a Malibu joyride in the predawn hours of Jan. 26.

Redmond's older sister Tatum O'Neal grabbed headlines in June when she was arrested one New York's lower East Side buying crack and powder cocaine from a homeless man.
The "Rescue Me" actress initially told cops she was researching a role but changed her story when officers found two yellow bags of drugs and an unused crack pipe in her pockets.
She recently told Oprah Winfrey that her June arrest scared her sober. She pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and agreed to undergo drug counseling. Tatum issued a statement lamenting the news: "Addiction, if untreated, can lead to jail, institutions and death. I love them both and I am sorry to hear about this," she said.

Another brother, Griffin O'Neal, also has suffered bouts with addiction and was found guilty of reckless boating in the 1986 accident that killed the son of "Godfather" director Francis Ford Coppola.

Griffin and dad Ryan O'Neal had a famous brawl last year at the family's Malibu home following a party that celebrated Fawcett's cancer remission.

Sheriff's deputies arrested Ryan O'Neal for investigation of assault with a deadly weapon and negligent discharge of a firearm