Thread: Length of Fully Reclined Loveseat

Default Length of Fully Reclined Loveseat

I am trying to find a fully reclining loveseat with power headrest & matching stationary sofa. It seems like my best options are Hancock & Moore Motion Your Way, and Burlington-Young Luxury Motion Discovery (962) and Pauley (942) and Luxe-For-Living Reece (202). But we haven't been able to see these models in person. My concern is my 6'1" tall husband insists that the reclined loveseat reach to his ankles. So many that we've seen in stores just aren't long enough. When reclined, the headrest is sometimes designed to shift down toward the seat. This makes the length shorter for him. Can you help?

Default Re: Length of Fully Reclined Loveseat

Where are you located? I have those models (B-Y, H&M) in my store in Alexandria VA. At 6’ 1” he should be very comfortable in them.

A lot of people expect the recliner footrest to support their legs at the heels, that is not a correct fitment and makes your legs “fall asleep”. . The footrest should stop at your ankles when extended, not at the heels.
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-16-2020 at 07:29 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Unfortunately, I am almost 800 miles away & not able to travel these days. He is not needing the recliner to extend to his feet, just the ankles.

I'm 5' 11" with a 30" pants leg inseam and went and took photos for you today. I put myself in what I would consider a comfortable TV watching position.

Here's the Hancock and Moore Your Way, with Bustle Back. I was very comfortable in this unit (has optional down seat and back) and feel it can easily accommodate a taller man than myself. The headrest is taller than on the BY unit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HM ext.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	12870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HMYM.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	188.7 KB 
ID:	12871

Here's the 960 Bradington Young. Again, at a position where I would watch TV at. It's very comfortable for me as well. The cushions are firmer on this piece, and the headrest not quite as tall as the H&M.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY foot.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	12872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY Ext.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	12873

Which would I select? Probably the Hancock and Moore Your Way, but a slight margin, I just felt more "nestled in" than the B-Y unit, and that's probably the Ultra Down seat and Back cores doing that. I don't think you could go wrong either way, however.
    Duane Collie

Wow! Thanks for doing that! My husband is "all leg" & wears a 32" length pants. On the H&M picture, it looks like the left leg of your jeans is just inside the edge of the footrest. But I guess he could sit back in the seat more? I do like the taller headrest. Are the prices of the 2 brands comparable?

Hancock and Moore is always going to be more than B-Y . If you stay within the H&M Your Way Promotional Pricing leathers in GROUP 1 then the H&M is appx $ 2K more than the B-Y unit. However the two brands are not directly comparable in my opinion. The H&M has better motors, better tailoring, and the frame tends to be more stout, and they have free cushion core replacements seat and back for as long as you own the piece. I think from a performance standard, they really are pretty close. Neither one is failure prone and both will last many, many years, and both are USA made. But there is a workmanship difference in H&M and you have to decide if its worth it. For me if I was doing something like a basement media room, I'd buy the B-Y and put the extra two thousand into a nice 8K UHD 65" TV. But if this were going in my primary living space on the main floor I'd spend the extra and go H&M because it looks better and those free cushion core replacements in about 8 to 10 years are worth $ 1,000 by themselves.

This link below shows the H&M promotional hides. Put a request in under QUOTES AND ORDERS and I will be glad to give you pricing.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ional-leathers

I did not try to push myself back in the sofas, just sat naturally and was very relaxed.
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-17-2020 at 03:14 PM.
    Duane Collie

Sitting down on the job again? ��