Thread: Bradington Young # 600-95 Zion Sofa in leather 980004-87

Default Bradington Young # 600-95 Zion Sofa in leather 980004-87

Just arrived, Bradington Young # 600-95 Zion sofa in 100% Top Grain Leather # 98004-87, made in the USA. Spring Down Seats. $ 2,157 (cash/check), $ 2,222 (credit card) - floor model only at that price. Local Delivery Available. Pillows not included.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY Brwn 1.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	12883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY Brwn 2.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	202.4 KB 
ID:	12884
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Bradington Young # 600-95 Zion Sofa in leather 980004-87

Hi, Duane.

Would you share the info on the rug pictured with the sofa, please? Size? Made of? Origin/Maker? Price (if allowed)? Anything else? It looks like a pretty one!

Thanks,

TXCajun

Yes, that's an Azeri Rug by Woven Legends, handmade in Turkey, vegetable dyed and 100% village wool. I would have to get back in the store to get details and a better photo, It's room size and I want to say around $ 4 K-ish.

These are no longer available, in fact I believe Woven Legends has closed its doors I have (9) of their rugs in my own home. Here's an old article about them:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...742-story.html

I was approached last month by a well-know rug dealer who regularly appears on Antiques Roadshow about all my remaining Woven Legends rugs in the store. He asked if I would send them out to his California antique rug store where he says he can quickly sell them. I declined because I like them in my store, and if they sell - fine - if they don't, then they make my store look nice!
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-21-2020 at 10:35 PM.
    Duane Collie

Thanks for the info, Duane. I am cautiously now looking for rugs as the house we've been building for TWO FULL YEARS is now approaching completion. Yes, two years. Don't make a special trip to your shop for me, but when you are there, would you please post the size?

After we purchased our H&M pieces through you, I did check out the Woven Legends rugs because of your high regard for the company and the quality of their rugs. Rather impressive and it's a shame they've closed shop.

TXCajun

Woven Legends is truly a fascinating story of how they came to be. For 24 years, I would drive to their warehouse in Philadelphia and select the rugs personally, as each one was unique. I would spend the whole day there and come home with about $ 40,000 worth or rugs which would be about twenty.. In the 80's and 90's people used to be waiting at the store when I brought them back, I kid you not. Half the rugs would be sold in the first 24 hours. The remaining ones gone in usually three weeks. Then I would have to wait another few months until they called me and told me a new shipment had arrived. Then I would jump in the truck and go again. So did every other dealer! One had to be fast to get the cream of the crop, because not everything was great. In the early days, I bought a few turds but it didn't take me long to develop a sharp eye for the good ones in the batch. High quality rugs like these are like art on the floor. A typical 8' x 10" took two years to make in the villages in Turkey, it was not something you could just order up and was sitting a warehouse somewhere.

Tastes and styles change, and by the mid 2000's people were not buying them like they used to. Sales tapered off and instead of going whenever they called I would go once or twice a year and bring back half of what I used to. Woven Legends downsized to a much smaller place. The rugs though, still gorgeous however the home decorating style became bare floors and minimalist, plus there was a flood of similar looking rugs out of China and Pakistan that looked like Turkish rugs and were being passed off as them but were half the price. Those two things together killed off the market for the rugs. I did make a trip to Turkey about five years ago and bought some rugs in Kudasasi, and they were nice, but not of Woven Legends quality.

I have some left in the store. Maybe seven, I'd have to count. They are terrific ones, too. People come in and look at them and say they are priced too high, and that's fine - I'm not going to mark them down. They're used to seeing factory made chromium based rugs like Karastan at 1/5 the price., they don't understand a Turkish carpet and I won't bother to explain unless they express an interest in learning. Plus, I have furniture on top of each one of them so it's not easy to see the full pattern of them. It takes a special buyer to appreciate a Woven Legends reproduction, they're not your typical mass market Oriental.

California seems to be selling them when they can find them, the East Coast not so much. I know I can bundle my remaining ones out and send them out West, but it's a lot of work to pull them up, roll and pack them, and get them shipped. Here's a pre-owned one in EBAY (that happens to be in California) and it's a fake, its made in Pakistan and using the Woven Legends name. Only a few people would know this, but every Woven Legends rug was made in Turkey. And they are not around to protect their copyright name any more.

https://www.ebay.com/i/202486005665?...iABEgIMRPD_BwE

On my ground floor I have four you can see in this photo. I don't put them down in traffic areas. The prettiest ones are in the two back rooms under the dining tables.

Name:	Store.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	12887
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-21-2020 at 11:08 PM.
    Duane Collie

Two more photos of this Woven Legends Rug TXCajun. It measures appx 7' 1" x 11' 8" and is priced at $ 3,735. Shipping would be appx $ 80 via UPS.

Name:	IMG-2340.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	12893Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-2341.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	12894
    Duane Collie