Thread: Hancock & Moore # 7039 Journey Lounger in Document Tobacco

Default Hancock & Moore # 7039 Journey Lounger in Document Tobacco

The Journey is always a great sitting recliner that is suitable for those up to 6' 3" or so. It's plush, so I would not recommend upgrading the cushions to Ultra Down, might be too soft if you do. I also like to make a play on the name of this recliner and say "It's a Journey to a nap", because it's the kind of recliner you want to go to at the end of a long work day.

The leather on this piece is Town and Country promotional Document Tobacco. There are better choices. I said many years ago this is the Cheez-Whiz of leather and I still think so. It's artificial-looking with the highlights over-done, it's too shiny, and makes an classy chair look like something from La-Z-Boy. Yes, this is still 100% top grain leather and if you like the splotchy look and sheen, then go for it. I would suggest you spend slightly more and get a nicer hide, there are plenty to choose from.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J1.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	12903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j2.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	12904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j3.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	12905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j4.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	12906
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 7039 Journey Lounger in Document Tobacco

We saw one of these in a store and it was very comfy. Agree it is too shiny.

I just saw you had posted a letter that H&M is closing for a while, so sorry to hear it.
    Last edited by MJS20; 03-28-2020 at 01:19 PM.

While $ 3K is not necessarily out of line for a price on this Recliner, my price in my store is about 20% less than that. These recliners will also go higher in premium leathers.

H&M builds the best in the industry, and while that may seem to be a lot to spend, the workmanship on them is better than any other product on the market, they are a no-shortcuts company.

I just finished a long email to another one of my suppliers (not Hancock and Moore) about shoddy workmanship (lazy workers) and how they need to correct it at once. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for. It's annoying to see things like this (how hard is it to put a bracket on straight? or use just two screws to hold a leg on?) and I make sure upper management hears about it. I work on behalf of my customers who may not know what to look for, but I do. I'm sure they love me when they get my emails about this sort of thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broken foot.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	12912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	issue 3.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	12913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	issue1.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	12914

Yes, you have your selling dealer order touch up for you (finished leathers only, anilines have no touch up). All the companies are closed right now, every maker, under order from the North Carolina Governor, so nothing is going out at this time. Wait a bit until the Covid-19 crisis subsides.
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-28-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I purchased the floor model with the gouge in the footrest (another thread). They ended up fixing it vs ordering a new one and did a great job. But I have found some other very small scuffs on the arm corners where the color is gone. I just ordered a leather repair kit off of Amazon. I don't mind doing such a small repair myself, but it seems that this painted leather is not as forgiving as some of our other leather furniture. Of course, most pieces were purchased some time ago, probably while still being made all USA.

Many thanks for all the great information, glad your business will be able to ride it out.