I spent $ 937.00 today to renew www.myfurnitureforum.com and the hosting for this forum with the provider, the server contract renewals couldn't have come at a worse time. I have to tell you quite honestly, I pondered the entire morning whether to spend the money on it and seriously considered just closing it down at the end of this month. Had I asked my wife, she would have said "absolutely not!" on spending the renewal fees.

Covid-19 has killed sales for my business as it has with thousands of others and I'm watching every remaining dollar. I could move to Facebook for free, and I already have a presence there, however Facebook is not very good at archiving and databasing topics and records.

I don't have membership requirements for users of this forum (many forums do) and it's always been free. I know many people use it extensively and buy from other dealers, and that's fine - just know there is a cost to run this and nothing is truly "free" (Facebook collects and sells data which is why there is no charge to host a business presence there). The Ads you see on the forum do generate income to help pay for this, but revenue from clicks has gone way down to be of no substantial benefit.

If you visit one of the sponsor's websites each time you come to www.myfurnitureforum.com by clicking an ad, know it benefits the operation and cost of this forum. And if you use the forum for information and choose to buy from other dealers, consider making a PayPal donation to keeping this up and running. keepingroom@gmail.com is the paypal addy.