Thread: Gettting started with my research - H&M and other questions

Threaded View

Default Gettting started with my research - H&M and other questions

I have spent the last few months ingesting information from this site and cannot say thank you enough to drcollie and the rest for the great information. My wife and I are beginning to research replacing our living room sectional with a sofa / recliner combo. I made a a very expensive mistake in buying this $5k+ sectional based on percived quality of brand and marketing and 7.5 years later it is is ready for replacement. I guess I could say that I was lay-z in my research back then. I want to make a good decision this time and am willing to put in the legwork to do so.

I understand that from a quality standpoint reclining furnture can be challenging. However, we are both pretty set on having both sofa and chair recline. I have flexability in budget but would like to target ~$5k for a sofa and recliner. Below are a few initial questions that we have.

H&M seems to be synonymous with quality from all accounts. Is the quality of H&M reclining furniture as good as their non reclining?

Does H&M offer a reclining option in any of their Town & Country line? If so is my budget semi realistic for T&C line? I am targeting class 1 leather but open to considering cloth coverings.

Are there other quality (most preferably American made) brands that I should investigate for reclining furniture that may be similar or less expensive than H&M?

I saw some Braddington pieces in a local store recently and did not care for the items on display. That is not to say that it is a bad brand, just the items on display were a little too formal for our tastes. The particular items were also extermely hard and seemed to not have much padding. We are looking for a little softer sitting funiture but would like the cushioning to hold up for a while.

Any thoughts are much appreciated as we begin the search.

Jon
    Last edited by ClemzonFan; 04-26-2020 at 11:08 AM.