Thread: Recommendations for simple, small (< or = 88 in.), five-seat leather sectional?

Default Recommendations for simple, small (< or = 88 in.), five-seat leather sectional?

Hi. I am looking to replace my current five seat sectional, which was hard to find because I want something of decent quality and no more than 88 inches wide on both sides. I would like a simple style, ideally like the Casper or the Arrington, though I prefer square cushions, if possible. I am in Tempe, Arizona.

I am not tied to a particular brand, but I do have an H&M (looks like Powell?) leather recliner that still looks nice after years of use, so I would like leather and cushions that can take the abuse of two large Golden Retrievers like the H&M.

My style has changed to more simple, small, modern furniture since I bought the recliner, however.
    Do you have any recommendations? Will covid make the wait incredibly long for it to be manufactured? I'm also concerned about companies just going out of business, like in 2008. Should I just find a local furniture maker since the dimensions make this hard to find, or will that make it relatively overpriced? Sorry this is so long. Thank you!

Default Re: Recommendations for simple, small (< or = 88 in.), five-seat leather sectional?

Hancock and Moore does their Your Way program and their standard sectionals with a Loveseat/L-Corner/Loveseat is 90.5" However, if you use the TS Track Arm with Square Cushions, that should knock off 1.5" to 2"} on the overall run in each direction and get you to 88.5 / 89". Can you squeeze in that extra bit? They can also leave off some padding on the arms and pick up another 1/2", but I don't recommend that. These are models Y21 / Y22 / Y14 in the schematics below. I would have to make some phone calls to be sure of these specs prior to placing an order, but I do have lots of experience with this sort of thing and know the published specs are done on the widest arms they offer in this series, not the most narrow.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...ry/16/Your-way

They can customize it and build it exactly 88" or less in dimensions, but you will pay a custom charge which will add 20 % to the price.

Build times right now are projected at 8 weeks if everything is in stock and suppliers are running on time (Leather, Foam, etc), and about 3 weeks to ship to Arizona. That is all relatively fluid however and just best guess in the times we now live in. No danger of any of the Rock House Brand companies going under, they're solid, as is The Keeping Room.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Recommendations for simple, small (< or = 88 in.), five-seat leather sectional?

Thank you, Duane. I remeasured and that would fit. Can you describe the differences between the Arrington and York sectionals? Can they be ordered with metal legs like the Tribeca? Ricki looks sharp too although it doesn't come as a sectional.

The Arrington sectional is much more structured than the York. You will note that one of its design features is a "Picture Frame Back" and it's a more crisp and defined style that comes with nail trim as standard. Metal legs are not an option, however we can pursue as a custom modification if that's something you would like to do (will be an extra cost). The Ricki is quite similar to an Arrington but its framework doesn't allow for complex nail trim to be added.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.