Good evening all, I am new to this board (registered several months ago but never posted). I have learned a good deal from the discussions here, and
would like to ask a question about buying a replacement sofa.

After 16 years of outstanding service, my Broyhill button-tufted sofa has moved on to the next life. I cannot conceive of having a better sofa. It was supportive and firm when sitting in a bolt-upright position, still supporting and comfortable in a slouching position, and also magnificent to nap on.

I am long waisted (6'1" with a 29" inseam) and finding furniture that is both firm and supportive (as well as comfortable) is nearly impossible. I have been looking for months for a similar sofa. Recently I discovered, quite by accident, that Hancock and Moore has a sofa that is nearly identical to my old Broyhill. It is called the Cassidy Apartment Sofa. When searching H&M's website, I never found it when I entered the word "tufted" in the search feature. I think it is because "tufted" is not used in the description of this sofa.

Has anyone had any experience with this Sofa? Any comments would be helpful. Mr. Collie, could you let me know how much one of these might cost? I visited a high-end furniture store in Pasadena to try to see the sofa as well as to see what kind of fabric choices might be available. I was looking for a non-cotton fabric in a burgundy color. They showed me a Hancock and Moore fabric (which does not appear to be on H&M's website) that is a kind of Burgundy color, made of nylon polyester and rayon, described on the back as "Merlot" and Category F. I am not really thrilled with the color, but I could live with it if I had to. The furniture store did not have one in stock, and told me it would cost about $4,000. No way in the world am I paying $4,000 for a couch.

Again, any comments would be appreciated. Thanks. Blaine