Thread: Sofa + chaise / sectional advice

Default Sofa + chaise / sectional advice

Hi there,
    My significant other and I are moving into a new apartment in a few weeks and were pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 2-piece leather sofa+chaise from Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn when we stumbled upon your site. We're living in DC and were ecstatic to see that you're located right outside the city!

We will have a relatively small living & dining space -- 15'9" x 13'5" -- and are planning to position the sectional as shown in the attached floorplan. Included are pictures of the sofas we're considering (color is very different in the swatch samples), to give an idea of the style we're drawn to. Admittedly, we were pretty excited about either CB/PB until stumbling upon your site and reading the article on their build quality.

Reading through the H&M product catalog has been a bit overwhelming and we're struggling a bit. With our budget maxing out at $4,500 is there a world where we can get into a similar leather sofa built by B+Y or H&M? If not, we'd love to hear what you'd suggest instead.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ora floorplan.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	13011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.25.25 AM.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	13012   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.28.34 AM.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	13013  

Default Re: Sofa + chaise / sectional advice

Hancock and Moore would require a + 2K to your budget at a minimum, the B-Y such as the # 223 series would be within your budget however, and come in perhaps a bit lower in base grade leathers. B-Y has a 5% off sale through June 15th so there's a couple of hundred bucks there as well, or that allows you to get into a GR 2 leather. No sales tax to Wash DC so there's 6% you save as well, $ 110 delivery to DC from my store.

B-Y will easily outperform and outlast anything from Crate and Barrel or Pottery Barn by a significant margin.

Here's the 223 B-Y series. Takes about 6 weeks to get it once ordered Delivery times are all mixed up and off-schedule with the whole Covid-19 thing going on.

https://www.bradington-young.com/ite...al&catalog=816

My store is open today if you wish to make the short drive from DC.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.