Thread: Living Room Layout Help

Threaded View

Lightbulb Living Room Layout Help

Hi there! I'm getting ready to move into a new home (still under construction) that has a long and narrow living room. This is my first home with this shape of living room, so I'm asking for advice on how to layout the furniture. So far, I've been able to adapt most of my existing living room furniture to the space pretty well (well, I think so at least... others may beg to differ :-) ), but I'm having some difficulty with what to do with the transitional space between the living room and the kitchen. The transitional area is to the right in the picture below. Right now, I've sketched in a 36" tall x 15" wide x 64" long console table (I'd have to acquire this piece) to go over the two 16" tall x 28" wide x 36" long ottomans (already own) that can fill in the space between the chaise lounges on both ends of the modular couch (the height difference between the console table and the ottomans bugs me, but I'm telling myself it's fine), but I'm wondering if there is a better way to utilize the transitional space, and maybe the whole space.

All that being said, does anyone have any advice on either 1) the transitional area or 2) the layout as a whole?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Rough dimensions:
    • From TV wall to surround sound speaker wall the room is 157 inches (about 13 feet).
    • The length of the TV wall is 234 inches (about 19.5 feet).
    • The transition area between the living room and the kitchen is 56 inches (about 4.5 feet).
    • The little bump out with the cabinets is 1 foot deep and 102 inches (8.5 feet) wide.

Couple of notes:

• In the picture below, spacing between all furniture pieces is between 2 and 3 feet
    • The home is still under construction so the sketched layout is as good of a view as I can give right now. Really just looking for ideas based on the shape of the room - any help is greatly appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Living Room Layout.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	13040
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd Floor Layout_withf.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	13044
    Last edited by ATL09; 06-08-2020 at 01:27 PM.