Thread: Your Way Recliner Back Styles and Power Headrest Comfort

Default Your Way Recliner Back Styles and Power Headrest Comfort

My wife and I are considering purchasing a pair of Your Way recliners because they offer adjustable headrests.

Looking at the different back styles, (Bustle, Split, One Piece, Plain) in the catalog I wonder how the differences affect comfort when then headrest is adjusted.

For example, the crease in the one piece back falls lower than the crease in the split back.
    If the one piece back pushes against my shoulders and not just my head when adjusted forward it might not be as comfortable as the split back design.
    (Or am I mistaken in my assumption that the back style impacts what part of the back/headrest moves)

Has anyone had the experience of trying multiple back options in the Your Way recliner line and can share their thoughts?

Thanks,
    Vance

Default Re: Your Way Recliner Back Styles and Power Headrest Comfort

If comfort is a priority, then Bustle Back wins every time. The other types allow you to use a different style is all. The movement of the headrest is the upper segment of it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Interesting. So, I guess the bustle is flexible and does not move as a unit. I have not had a chance to try a Your Way recliner. I tried another brand recliner with an adjustable headrest and with a back style that did not have a clear separation around the neck. On that recliner when I moved the headrest forward my shoulders were forced forward as well.

I think you answered this for me earlier but to confirm, the back cushions on the your way recliners are replaceable except for the split back; is that correct?

Thanks,
    Vance

Split back and one piece back are not consumer-replaceable. Bustle Back and Straight Back are.

I have a Your Way Motion Recliner (two, one as a sofa, the other as a single chair) in my store as floor models if you want to make the trip. Both are Bustle Backs.

If you want a better idea how the articulating headrest operates and functions go to this link and look at the three photos from the mechanism manufacturer:

https://lpfurniturecomponents.com/re...umber/varirest
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.