Thread: H&M Tilton leather characteristics?

Default H&M Tilton leather characteristics?

After reading this forum quite extensively, we've decided to buy an H&M sectional from a local dealer (I wished I lived in DC so I could have gone to your store). The leather we finally fell in love with was the Tilton Leather. I'm trying to understand the full characteristics of the leather but can't seem to find the data anywhere. It's a Class II Unprotected (I think in a post you highlighted it as a Class I previously - so don't know if it changed) and I'm trying to figure out if it falls under the a full-aniline or not and if it's classified as a pull-up leather or not. I would like to order the right kit from you for protection but don't know if I should be going kit 2 or kit 4. Also, out of curiosity if you could provide the different metrics that H&M sometimes seems to give in terms of servicabilty etc for the leather?

Love the forum, thank you so much!

Default Re: H&M Tilton leather characteristics?

Tilton is a GR 2 leather that is from South America, a pure aniline with a very slight pull-up effect (I actually can see none when I look at it, so its very slight). Kit # 2 should suffice, I don't see it needing the speciality pull-up leather kit. H&M does not provide serviceability information, you can read about leather types right here in the forum, however.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hmmm, would you put Tilton Moose in the same room with Cavalier Mocha? I don't mind that they would not match exactly, I actually prefer that. I don't want a recliner in Cavalier.

It’s a different look, there’s a definite trend away from leathers like Cavalier Mocha, no one seems to order the shinier, very consistent leathers any more. Tilton has a lot more interest than Cavalier.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Not surprised, but a year ago or more it was still pretty popular it seemed. Doesn't matter, I cant't buy a new sofa every year or two. However, when I do get a recliner, I want the colors to be OK together but a different type of leather. I have not seen a piece done in Tilton, and I am not ready to order right now anyway so I guess I will wait and see if you get photos of any pieces that come in in that. I can tell much better if I like something once I have seen it done in a full sofa or recliner.