Thread: Get a Clue, Jonathan Charles, there's a pandemic going on

Default Get a Clue, Jonathan Charles, there's a pandemic going on

A price increase in the middle of a pandemic? That's going to work out well.... Good luck with that!

Dear Valued Jonathan Charles Customer,

It has been six years since Jonathan Charles has had a price increase.

This email is to announce an upcoming price increase for Jonathan Charles which will take effect on July 15, 2020.

As a valued partner, we wanted you to be aware of this increase and invite you to "Beat the Bump" for you and your clients. Please, submit your orders before July 15, 2020 - to enjoy our current everyday pricing.

On July 15th, we will be emailing a PDF version our new price list to each of our customers. If you have any questions, please direct them to your Jonathan Charles Sales Representative who will be happy to assist you further.

Questions may also be directed to:
    usa-sales@jonathancharles.com

We thank you for your business and the opportunity to serve you.

Best regards,
    Eric J. Graham
    President
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Get a Clue, Jonathan Charles, there's a pandemic going on

And this today...HA !! MAP is Minimum Advertised Price. Companies do this in order to create value in a brand an keep people from price shopping, if everyone sells at the same price then there is no need to call around. Items like Rolex watches, Thermador appliances, Yeti coolers etc have effective and strong MAP programs in place. It only works when your brand and product is so unique and in demand that pricing can be controlled. From Jonathan Charles today, a reduction in their MAP price, which means they want the dealers to have a sale, yet there is no discount to the dealers. I told them a price increase in July was a mistake, and I feel strongly that no manufacturer should be raising prices during a pandemic.

Dear valued customer,

This email is to notify you of a change to our Jonathan Charles MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) Policy. Effective November 23, 2020 through December 06, 2020 our MAP Price will be reduced by 20% from the currently published MAP Price.
    Duane Collie

So "We decided to let you make less profit so you can sell more of our merchandise"? Nice. How generous of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
    So "We decided to let you make less profit so you can sell more of our merchandise"? Nice. How generous of them.
    Capitalism! They are always trying to pass expenses to the customers. Like H&M increasing prices only for hides affected by Trump's tariffs on China's, but then replacing it with 3% price increase across the border. So, pretty much there were couple 3% price increases in the last 2 years already. I visited couple local H&M dealers recently and they also bumped up prices for T&C items by 2-3%.

I laugh, exactly right.

H&M hasn't had a price increase at all in 2020, wonder why those dealers are taking more on T&C? Probably transport costs, they have gone up for sure. H&M will go up in January however, they have already told me.

Bradington Young released a new price list today. Effective Dec 15th they have 2 to 3% increase.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I laugh, exactly right.

H&M hasn't had a price increase at all in 2020, wonder why those dealers are taking more on T&C? Probably transport costs, they have gone up for sure. H&M will go up in January however, they have already told me.

Bradington Young released a new price list today. Effective Dec 15th they have 2 to 3% increase.
    The showrooms were closed for the substantial period of time and now California is closing up again. Interesting to see the outcome of feds injecting a lot of money to economy with rising cost of transportation/materials and inflation vs people losing jobs, etc. Hopefully, H&M customers are better off financially.

I won't complain about 2-3% per year, that is just keeping up with inflation basically so they can give workers raises and supplier inflation price increases, etc. Once you start hitting 5+% per every year some of the value prop starts being lost.