Thread: Find Arhaus Fabric for Repair

Default Find Arhaus Fabric for Repair

Hi, I am trying to find an Arhaus fabric that they called Avanti Cabernet. I don't know who manufactured it and they no longer carry it. I have a new puppy who thought the bottom edge was great to chew on. I don't need that much fabric, but am desperate to find it. Any suggestions on how to find the manufacturer are greatly appreciated. From what the lady at Arhaus explained to me, fabric names are like nail polish colors - every place calls it something different.

Thank you, Lauri

Default Re: Find Arhaus Fabric for Repair

You won't find it. That's needle in a haystack stuff. The only shot you have at it is calling Arhaus direct to their factory offices and ask to speak to the fabric buyer. If you can get through to that person, they can tell you if it was a mill drop or if they just decided to drop it. If the mill still makes it, they *MAY* give you the name of the mill, but even then you are not going to get a yard or two, most mills require you to buy a bolt (50 yds) or they won't even talk to you about it.

Better solution is to go to a local fabric upholsterer and have them take the material off the underside of the seat cushion, about 3/4 of it so that only 2" remain to the front underside edge. Sew in a plain fabric panel to that underside. Now you have a bit of material they can make a patch with. And it will be a hand- sewn patch, but its better than nothing. Or reupholster the whole chair in a new fabric.

Please do not duplicate posts in the forum, takes time for me to remove the duplicate. Thanks.
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-14-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you, that's the best idea I've heard, and seems much less frustrating than trying to find the fabric.

This is exactly what happened in our house, we had a puppy that chewed the right lower corner of a Southwood Wing Chair we have owned for 25 years. Fabric was long-gone and this is a great chair. So I had my local upholsterer do exactly what I described above and she did an excellent job hand-sewing the patch. if I didn't point it out to you, then you would never know it was there. I think it was $ 175 including sewing in a new panel under the seat cushion where we took the fabric from. Pretty good work she did - though she apologized because it wasn't perfect!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-2874.JPG 
Views:	315 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	13137Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-2875.JPG 
Views:	354 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	13138
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.