Thread: H&M Luggage Saddle Photos

Default H&M Luggage Saddle Photos

Hello,

Does anyone have photos of H&M furniture with Luggage Saddle upholstered? I have been looking for photos to roughly compare with Luggage Russett photos I have, but have not had any luck searching here/online. Thank you!

Default Re: H&M Luggage Saddle Photos

The Luggage series leather is not real popular for two reasons, so you will have a difficult time sourcing photos of it. First, it’s a GR 4 leather, that makes it expensive. Secondly, if you are paying GR 4 money there are better choices. While a handsome leather, it’s not that soft and has some topcoat glaze to it so it doesn’t feel luxurious like the Capri and Markell hides at the same price points. I may sell one piece in Luggage maybe every four years, frankly I’m surprised the leather is still in the line.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The Luggage series leather is not real popular for two reasons, so you will have a difficult time sourcing photos of it. First, it’s a GR 4 leather, that makes it expensive. Secondly, if you are paying GR 4 money there are better choices. While a handsome leather, it’s not that soft and has some topcoat glaze to it so it doesn’t feel luxurious like the Capri and Markell hides at the same price points. I may sell one piece in Luggage maybe every four years, frankly I’m surprised the leather is still in the line.
    Good to know! I was going to place an order next week with the Luggage series...

The Capri and Markle are both unprotected (vs the Luggage series which are all protected). I was worried about my large dog or friends damaging the leather. What are your thoughts?

Duane Collie
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

Thanks for linking that. I did read through that page, and researched the forum before posting this thread. The reason I posted is because I am getting conflicting information from my dealer.. and it's hard to determine what the best path forward is. Which is why I was hoping to see what the Luggage looked like upholstered. Sounds like I may need to reevaluate that leather choice.

There are only two Finished or Protected (Painted) leathers at Price Grade 4, Luggage and Antelope. While they are indeed nice leathers, my own personal opinion is if I am paying that kind of money, I want a pure aniline, not a painted leather. They would be perfectly fine at a GR 2 price.

Think of it this way, you are are spending $ 80 on a dinner, your choices are hamburger or NY strip Steak for your money. You really have to like hamburger to spend $ 80 for ground beef. I'll take the steak.
    Duane Collie