We purchased an H&M sofa about five months ago (I'm looking at my invoice that says Capri Harness but not sure what it means). It's Class IV and we knew it was unprotected but didn't think that would be a problem. Everything was great until we noticed some slight discoloration on the cushion where my husband's hair hits, natural body oil, he does not use any product. We contacted our design studio where we purchased the product, sent them a picture which they forwarded to H&M. That took several weeks. They also warned us that the longer the "stain" remained the harder it would be to remove.

H&M responded that "they do not feel confident in recommending any solutions that they can guarantee will work to remove the oil stain. They proposed an option to have headrest covers made, which would be a square piece of leather with a finished edge, that you lay across the top of the back cushion when sitting to help protect the areas. You can have one made for each cushion or just have one for the cushion that has the oil on it." We couldn't believe they wouldn't recommend a product and their antimacassar solution was not something we wanted to consider--UGLY. The owner of the shop said if we brought our cushion in, he would try to get rid of the "oil" with the products they had in their store. However, we're older and quarantined and were unable to do so. He tested several products on the sample of our sofa that he retained and came up with two suggestions.

Our seller recommended we try "Whoohoo Clean – Leather Cleaner and Conditioner” which used to be sold on Amazon but is not longer available. Their second recommendation was Lexol which they said did not discolor the leather but may not be as good in removing the "stain." I really find it hard to believe that this isn't a common problem with leather and that H&M didn't have a better solution or a product to recommend.

While we were waiting for a solution we found another small stain on a cushion and for the life of us have no idea what it is nor how it got there. It looks like it could be blood or chocolate. We are at a loss as to how to proceed. We would be ever so grateful for recommendations as to how to proceed for both stains.

Thank you.