Thread: It's a Very Busy Time....

Default It's a Very Busy Time....

I'm working twelve hour days right now, with Covid-19 the opposite of what you except (slow business) is occuring. Rather, folks are fixing up their homes and using the money they had set aside for vacations and the like to do it. Couple that with sales promotions from many manufacturers and its been a very long time since I've been this busy. Please remember I am a one-person operation. I work the sales floor, unload the furniture and install into the store and/or pack it on the truck. Write orders, pay suppliers, etc, etc. That means emails and price quotes are done last - as time allows. PLEASE DO NOT CALL ME and say "did you get my email?" Yes, I did. However emails are not a priority, as 95 % of them do not lead to sales, they are informational inquires. While glad to respond, it's the last thing on my list as the bulk of them do not result in customers making a purchase.

Also, if I have twenty new emails, the ones that ask,

"Can you price out a 2038NB Hancock and Moore Chair with an 8131NB ottoman in Document Ocean shipping to 21125"

are going to get a reply much quicker than:

"Can you help me decorate my room, here's four photos - I don't know what to do, but I want it to look nice"

Short and specific emails that require a 2 minute reply get answered. Long rambling ones get parked maybe for a couple of days. Just an FYI.

Additionally, don't wait until the last day of the H&M Sale Period to place and order. The phone rings off the hook, I don't have time to assist with last minute custom questions, and you are likely to go to the recorder. Early is better!

Duane
    Last edited by drcollie; 08-19-2020 at 11:28 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: It's a Very Bush Time....

Glad to hear business picked back up! Delayed demand instead of lost demand.

Default Re: It's a Very Busy Time....

Yes it is. As you can see I am getting to the forum posts around Midnight....trying to catch up from home , pedaling as fast as I can.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.