Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New H&M Author Chair

Default Re: That is nice

Quote Originally Posted by karlos View Post
    [Duane how much is that chair in antelope, or equestrian leather. Looks great. My 98 528i just got totaled 10k in repairs , was rear ended at high speed I was stopped on the freeway in seattle. the whole family got whiplash bad , but were ok. Tough to find a another in the same shape I had mine. now I am shopping for maybe a 530i or e320? around 2005... any deals call me. Karl:
    Hey Karl,

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, $ 10K rear ended will take out a '98 5er for sure. Glad you are OK. No neck injuries? When I would teach high performance driving we would instruct to relax in the seat when a crash was inevitable. That means your body is able to conform to the seat which will cushion in a blow. Most people if they see they are about to be rear-ended will tension up and hunch up to the steering wheel, and in the collision they get 'whipped' into the back of the seat causing damage to their back and neck. By relaxing into the seat, you eliminate most all of that head travel from the impact and then have no injury. NHTSA has now mandated more aggressive headrest positioning because of this and many 2010 vehicles have headrests that are annoying because they are so far forward.

The new 5's will be rolling out in a couple of months, thats going to make the current E60 BMW series fall in resale value. I'd go for a late model 535i myself, with the twin turbos. 300 HP when you want it. Or go for a 2006-current E90 Series (3 series). Has virtually the same dimensions as your totalled E39 and is a joy to drive - one of the best cars made (I hate those runflat tires on them, however).

Oh! Chair prices...(get me going on cars....)

# 4691 Chair / # 4690 Ottoman

In Town and Country (Any Weston Burnished, a class 3) $ 1,917 / $ 657

In other class 3 hides (like Antelope or Equestrian) $ 2,219 / $ 798
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

karlos Guest

Default Re: New H&M Author Chair

Duane, I should have relaxed But when I saw the buick lucerne barreling down on me I tensed up and said oh SH--.and we all got whiplash pretty bad. still having headaches 3 weeks later , Thats good advice on letting the seat take the impact.. well they gave me 10k for my 5er and now im shopping. I will look at that 2006 3 series is it the 330I? I thought they were smaller than my e39, I will have to sit in them. is ebay the way to get a bargain on a newer car? buying sight unseen is scary eh? I did it for that awesome kodaik sofa from ya but it didnt travel 30 thousand miles at 70 plus>> so I will keep looking for a deal. are the 535i high maint, with that twin turbo? I just got side tracked on a Lexus ls430 2005 for 25k , would be totally different ride, ever had one. Back to leather I still think the miller recliner is the one in class3 hides , I will wait a little longer to buy , any sales from H@m coming up. Karl

Quote Originally Posted by karlos View Post
    Duane, I should have relaxed But when I saw the buick lucerne barreling down on me I tensed up and said oh SH--.and we all got whiplash pretty bad. still having headaches 3 weeks later , Thats good advice on letting the seat take the impact.. well they gave me 10k for my 5er and now im shopping. I will look at that 2006 3 series is it the 330I? I thought they were smaller than my e39, I will have to sit in them. is ebay the way to get a bargain on a newer car? buying sight unseen is scary eh? I did it for that awesome kodaik sofa from ya but it didnt travel 30 thousand miles at 70 plus>> so I will keep looking for a deal. are the 535i high maint, with that twin turbo? I just got side tracked on a Lexus ls430 2005 for 25k , would be totally different ride, ever had one. Back to leather I still think the miller recliner is the one in class3 hides , I will wait a little longer to buy , any sales from H@m coming up. Karl
    I'll agree with Duane on the E90. Great car, but hate the run flats as well. I had an 06 330i that I really liked but recently got rid of it and got an Infiniti G37 X. I won't try to convince you it's a BMW because it's not, but it's a great value, a great performance car, and closer in size to the 5 series than the 3 series. The money saved could get you the Author chair

Yes, the 2006 is the 250HP 330i (or the lower powered 328i). In 2007 they went to the twin turbo engine and made it the 335i (300 HP). The Twin Turbo engines are the mainstay powerplant for BMW and they has some problems first year (typical BMW) but they are fairly well sorted at this point. Lexus? Well - not my kind of car......<g>

I like craigslist for finding used cars you can actually see, and EBAY if you're brave and the photos are excellent! I've bought and sold in both venues.
    Duane Collie

organic_smallhome Guest

Gorgeous chair.

Sarah Guest

That chair is gorgeous! I'm certain that you will enjoy it for years to come. :]

I don't think I'd be putting petroleum jelly on leather chairs, its oil-based and more than likely will stain the hide.
    Duane Collie