Thread: New line - FJORD's installed on the showroom floor.

Default New line - FJORD's installed on the showroom floor.

First batch of FJORD's leather chairs just arrived - classic series available in Large and Small sizes. These are swivel / recline and have no complex mechanism, just lean back and the chair pivots rearward. I have motorized recliners on the way in as well. These can be drop shipped anywhere in the USA for a flat fee making shipping costs quite reasonable. Comes in two boxes, assembly video here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-3388.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	13319

Took him 10 minutes to put together in the video. HA !!! First chair took me an hour, second one 30 minutes, by the third chair I had it down to 15 minutes and another 5 minutes policing the trash and packing materials.

These are VERY comfortable, not very complex in the mechanism, and solidly built.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEhxudfg8o8
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: New line - FJORD's installed on the showroom floor.

Very nice clean look. The rug manages to match everyone of them. How is the leather quality and cushioning?
    Last edited by jogo1; 09-12-2020 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Add question

The Entry Grade Leather (Nordic Line) is unappealing. It feels still and a bit plastic-y. The Mid-tier (Soft Line) is much better and has a nice hand to it. The top leather (Astro Line) is a semi-aniline and very similar to an upgraded leather you would find in a Porsche, BMW or Mercedes, it's quite nice. I would pass on the entry level and get a hide in the second two tiers myself.

These are quite comfortable. One of my oldest friends came over to the store yesterday to order two of them and we sat in the floor models for over an hour. I like them, but they tend to be TOO relaxing if there is such as thing. I kept wanting to take a nap while he was telling me about his rigors of being a tax attorney. Was it the conversation topic of the comfort of the chair that made me drowsy? Maybe both!

I think I am going to get two for my Library at home and move my two Hancock and Moore chairs to the media room in the basement. Mine will be in the Astro Line leathers.

Name:	FJORD1.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	13320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FJords2.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	13321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fjords3.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	13322

I have all the swatches and wood finishes in the store set up now as well. Working on a price list that I will have next week.

Name:	stand.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	13323
    Last edited by drcollie; 09-13-2020 at 09:46 AM.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The Entry Grade Leather (Nordic Line) is unappealing. It feels still and a bit plastic-y. The Mid-tier (Soft Line) is much better and has a nice hand to it. The top leather (Astro Line) is a semi-aniline and very similar to an upgraded leather you would find in a Porsche, BMW or Mercedes, it's quite nice. I would pass on the entry level and get a hide in the second two tiers myself.

These are quite comfortable. One of my oldest friends came over to the store yesterday to order two of them and we sat in the floor models for over an hour. I like them, but they tend to be TOO relaxing if there is such as thing. I kept wanting to take a nap while he was telling me about his rigors of being a tax attorney. Was it the conversation topic of the comfort of the chair that made me drowsy? Maybe both!

I think I am going to get two for my Library at home and move my two Hancock and Moore chairs to the media room in the basement. Mine will be in the Astro Line leathers.

Name:	FJORD1.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	13320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FJords2.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	13321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fjords3.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	13322

I have all the swatches and wood finishes in the store set up now as well. Working on a price list that I will have next week.

Name:	stand.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	13323
    It seems FJORDS uses cowhide. If I remember correctly, Hancock & Moore only use steer hide as its leather choice, which is better.

5. Default Re: New line - FJORD's installed on the showroom floor.

The chairs look really great. I just check out the assembly video. It was very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    First batch of FJORD's leather chairs just arrived - classic series available in Large and Small sizes. These are swivel / recline and have no complex mechanism, just lean back and the chair pivots rearward. I have motorized recliners on the way in as well. These can be drop shipped anywhere in the USA for a flat fee making shipping costs quite reasonable. Comes in two boxes, assembly video here:

Name:	IMG-3388.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	13319

Took him 10 minutes to put together in the video. HA !!! First chair took me an hour, second one 30 minutes, by the third chair I had it down to 15 minutes and another 5 minutes policing the trash and packing materials.

These are VERY comfortable, not very complex in the mechanism, and solidly built.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEhxudfg8o8

These look great. How do the motorized mechanisms compare to the Bradington and Young motion series.

Hi Duane, we are very intrigued with these chairs for media room. Have you tried the milan motorized units (I saw video on YouTube). Would you recommend the non-electric over the electric chairs? Many thanks, Helen

ps, we still love the H&M sofas we got from you a few years ago!!

Yes, I have a Milan Recliner in the store, I like it a lot. Excellent, stable swivel base, the power Leggett and Platt mechanism is solid as they always are, and you they have a nice activation button. Also a very clever shelf built into the back of the chair to hold a battery if you choose to unplug from the wall. The Headrest is adjustable like a car seat (manual on that). The Large chair (comes in a small as well) is not that large so unless you are under 5' 6" I'd stay with the large size. Sits well, if you like the style I think you would enjoy the chair. I'd definitely go power.

The Milan is their hottest selling power recliner they tell me, especially in the Cognac color leather.

Fjords is running a promo on the Power Sofas right now, including the Milan series (not the individual single seat chairs). Pretty good discounts on them.

Name:	Milan1.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	13376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Milan2.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	13377
    Last edited by drcollie; 10-17-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    Duane Collie