Thread: Delivery times on new orders Fall 2020

Default Delivery times on new orders Fall 2020

Covid-19 really changed the world and the furniture industry is no exception. What the furniture industry expected was a stoppage of orders reminiscent of the 2008 Recession, and everyone buckled in for tough times. Instead what happened was with everyone staying and working from home, people decided to upgrade their living spaces and orders have exploded. So much so they cannot keep up with demand and this goes across all makers. What used to be 3 to 6 weeks delivery is now 8 to 10 weeks build times, before transit times. Also, none of the plants are running at 100% worker capacity, they are being very careful with screening their workers, and some have contacted Covid and staying home, others too high risk to work right now. On average most facilities are running at 50 % manpower. That means for us dealers, its hard to quote a delivery time with much accuracy, I would say that any orders coming in after next week (Sept 25th) on custom-ordered USA-made furniture probably will not deliver to you before Christmas. What I have noticed too, is all my customers are very understanding and acutely aware of what is going on, and not a single one has been upset at delays. Thank you for that. We will get through it!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Delivery times on new orders Fall 2020

Things are flat out busy, all the USA producers have stopped accepting "RUSH" or "Quick Ship" orders, most all production facilities and companies are back up and running at one hundred percent of capacity. There are a LOT of leather and fabric out-of-stocks right now. If you are looking to place an order with any dealer, my suggestion is to have your primary selection and two backup choices ready for your dealer to check availability on unless you don't mind settling in for a longer-than-usual wait.
    Duane Collie

Default Re: Delivery times on new orders Fall 2020

An update to this thread, all suppliers I am talking to are out to 11 to 12 weeks build time right now, orders keep streaming in from all over. If you need something for Christmas, you'll have to take it from dealer inventory, its too late in the game to order something and have it shipped to arrive even in late December.
    Duane Collie