Thread: What is the best furniture brand in your opinion?

rlady Guest

Default What is the best furniture brand in your opinion?

Hello forum, I have been researching for a long time what is the best furniture brand in your opinion. I am thinking of buying new furniture for my new home

Default Re: What is the best furniture brand in your opinion?

Such an open-ended question, and it's really too broad. Any of the Luxury brands are going to be the best, and there are quite a few of those. Typically a question like this is immediately followed by "I only have xxxx dollars to spend", which puts quite a different twist on things.

My wife dragged me into a Crate and Barrel store today in NW Washington DC. Really a handsome store, with terrific store presentation and display. I have to give it to Crate and Barrel, they have superb store layout and merchandising skills, maybe the best I've seen. As she was off looking at glassware and kitchen gadgets, I was all over the furniture, especially the leather. What junk! Oh my, so poorly made, I would refuse to carry anything of that build level in my store. Big price tags, no content in the pieces. Yet they sell, because of the excellent presentation they make in the store and the vibe.

I always hope that through the educational nature of this forum, I can open up your eyes as a consumer so when you go out shopping, your observation skills are sharp enough that you can spot this junk in a store like I did today. So the answer to your question in a roundabout way is don't ask what brands are best, learn what makes a good piece of furniture, then you'll be able to see it yourself when you head out to make a buy. Knowledge is Power. All the tools you need to do that learning are right here in the forum.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

For leather in my opinion it is Hancock and Moore, no contest. For wood items or fabric, you would probably look elsewhere.

4. 10-25-2020

BHWAaaa-Haaaaa!!! Ashley furniture is landfill material, an the embedded link violates the newbie posting guidelines. Clearly, you came here to spam. That's pretty funny actually, that "Ashley" is the best. That's kind of like saying the world's best hamburger is McDonalds.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.