Thread: Looking for a quality mid-century leather sofa

Default Looking for a quality mid-century leather sofa

Hi all, found this forum recently in my quest to find a quality leather sofa. I'm new to furniture shopping as my past purchases have mostly been Ikea or similar.

I am looking for a quality leather mid-century style sofa. Budget is $3k-$4k delivered. I've done a bit of research and haven't found exactly what I've wanted just yet. The styles on West Elm are great, but I've read the forums and reviews talking about the low quality products they offer.

The top contenders I've looked at is from cococohome.com and rogerandchris.com (they offer very similar products and it seems that they were partnered in the past). I found an older post on this forum saying that they use plywood in their frame, but I believe they advertise their frames as made from solid wood? I may be mistaken. I like that the products they offer are "custom" built where you can choose sizes, legs, tufting, and leathers. Room&Board also have some good styles, but the ones I liked were out of budget. I'm also wary of making such a big purchase online without even having sat on it, but these online shops have been the easiest place to find what I'm looking for.

Some of the products that interest me:
    https://cococohome.com/product/arden-leather-sofa/
    https://www.roomandboard.com/catalog...-leather-sofas

So some of the criteria of what I'm looking for is:
    -~$3k-4k budget
    -Sturdy wood frame
    -78"-86" length
    -Good suspension system (I know 8 way hand tied is the way to go, but if there's other quality options out there I'm open to it).
    -Mid-century modern style
    -Preferably tuxedo arms.
    -Bench cushion or 2 flat cushions
    -Good aniline leather that could keep up with a dog and kids. Want to be able to sample and choose the leather.

Is my budget reasonable to get what I'm asking for?
    Any recommendations on where I should go to shop? I live in the Los Angeles area.

Default Re: Looking for a quality mid-century leather sofa

I don't know those companies well, but watched both cococo videos. From what I see they are building a product that is right in your budget range, and yes, every frame is plywood in their video. There operation is fairly typical, though they lack the refinements in production of some of the top tier makers. A premium sofa in the styles you are linking to will add another $ 1,500 to $ 2,000 to your budget. Good luck in your quest.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.