Hi there -- this forum is such a great resource, but also filling my head with way too many choices now that I love! We are moving to a new home in a few weeks and trying to decide on a sofa. We do not want a sectional. The home is a modern farmhouse style, so we want something that will look good along those lines, not too rustic and not too fancy. I'm attaching photos, but the sofa will be directly in front of the island facing the fireplace. If looking at the fireplace, there will be two white fabric chairs to the left of the sofa in front of the window. On the right side is the entryway so we are keeping that fairly open, but plan to put a leather chair in that corner by the fireplace. That chair is probably going to be an exact replica of one that Duane posted in here -- Expedition with cross-hatch on the inside back and suede on the sides. We are stuck on sofa selection and leather color. My designer friend has suggested a somewhat lighter color to kind of go with the mantle -- maybe a saddle/camel color. You can also see the dining table as it's all one big room. That table is going to be from magnolia wood which is a lighter wood and there will be black wood chairs with it. The bar stools are a light bamboo weave. That gives an idea of what colors are already in place!

We are leaning toward the Carmen sofa, the Lacross sofa, or the Evening. Also like the Utopia but it's too short. Also considering French Curve or Sundance. We were planning to order a sofa from Restoration Hardware before I came across Hancock and Moore and this forum! We had planned on 9ft as that will work well in the room -- however, the only ones from HM that would meet that are not particularly favorites. Open to and hoping for suggestions!

For leather, I'm leaning toward Buckingham Walnut, Hyde Park (multiple colors), Weston Cane, Capri Butternut, Imperial Whiskey. But also considering a rich, dark brown because those are so lovely as well. I don't really like a shiny look or a noisy so maybe some of the ones I've picked would be ruled out due to that. I have no idea. Thanks for any input!

Here are some photos that show the layout of the room.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full-room.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	13423

Name:	window.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	13424

Name:	entryway.jpg