Thread: need opinion on H&M Ashmore sofa

Post need opinion on H&M Ashmore sofa

Hi! The information on this site has been so helpful to figure out leather furniture and in particular H&M. I am thinking about the Ashmore Sofa in Cameo Stone Burnished (saw some pieces on your site and fell in love with the color), with carpenter's nail. I would like to get 2 of the couches for my family room. Our boys are (mostly) out of the house and we have 2 pretty well behaved dogs although one does like to lie on our couches. I was a bit concerned about an unprotected leather in a family room but love the really rich look and depth of color in the Cameo Stone Burnished. Any thoughts about the Ashmore Sofa or the color/nailhead combination? Thanks!

Default Re: need opinion on H&M Ashmore sofa

What a coincidence! On Oct 21st, I ordered the 4795 Ashmore in Cameo Stone Burnished for floor stock, that's how much I like it. Great size, should look terrific. Here's my stock order I made for that day, you can see it on Line 2. I also did a custom stitch on it - just because. You'll be fine on this sofa with two exceptions 1) Keep it out of direct sunlight, that will fade the color over time 2) Burnished leathers are noisy and squeak when you use them, be sure you are good with that. I have burnished hides in my own home, they are not particularly fragile or need special care, pretty solid picks and can take hard use well.

You can wait and see what my floor model looks like, I will post photos here, but it wont arrive until Jan / Feb and by that time the new pricing will be in effect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-3849.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	13435
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I think I am going to order before the prices go up! But I still look forward to seeing your pictures when your sofa comes in. I noticed you included the ultra down seat and back when you ordered the Ashmore sofa (as well as pretty much everything else you ordered too). Just wondering regarding your thoughts about ultra down and why to use it?
    Not much sun would hit the couch, just a little in winter after the leaves fall - perhaps I can get UV coating on the windows, or do any of the leather conditioners help protect from UV? Thanks again!!

I prefer ultra down - at least in the seats - on burnished leathers as they are a little stiffer and it helps offset that. In the backs I can go either way.

Sun bleach From UV is very real, but very slow. We have the windows tinted in our home and during summer months when we are not home we spread out throws on top of the backs. The throws get damaged but not the sofas.

No leather conditioner that I know of has a UV blocker in the formula.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.