Thread: Leather sofa and chair

Default Leather sofa and chair

It is time to replace my 25 yr old leather sofa, chair and ottoman along with an upholstered loveseat. After researching and reading reviews, I am leaning towards Hancock and Moore. I have width restrictions re the sofa. 80” is ideal, 84” max. Also, looking for the shorter seat depth. Utopia seems to be a possibility. I love this pic, however, prefer the styling of the Utopia. http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...s/Ashmore-Sofa.

I have checked with dealers here and no one has the Utopia on display. Since this would be a large furniture order for me, I am having a hard time with the concept of ordering sight unseen. Furthermore, I am not 100% sure I have picked the appropriate sofa but know the Utopia has many features I desire (rolled arms, nail heads, curved back) but I have never had a tight back.

After all this being said, it’s obvious I need help navigating through the furniture buying process, especially since it appears this would be a custom order.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Mamjoh; 11-21-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Default Re: Leather sofa and chair

I have only have one Utopia sofa come through my store and it was a floor model three years ago, you can see it here:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ghlight=utopia

This is a smaller, more compact sofa than you might think from looking at the H&M website. It may be difficult to find on a dealer showroom floor as not many ask for it, probably the only way to really be sure to see on in person is a trip the H&M Factory in Hickory NC when one is coming off the production line. I can arrange that if you wish to make that trip.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Like the pic.! At this point, yes, I would be willing to make the trip. Will prices be increasing at the beginning of the year?

Yes, there are price increases coming in January for sure. If you want to see about going to the H&M factory, email me off the forum at keepingroom@gmail.com with your name and contact phone, I'll see if I can find out when one is coming off the production line. Would have to be a weekday visit.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.