Thread: Will it fit??

Default Will it fit??

Will it fit layout.pdf

I am looking to buy a queen sleeper sofa and I'm a bit concerned on if I can move the sofa bed into the room. Attached is a PDF of the floor layout, looking to get the sofa through the A opening (no door) slide it across the hallway (G dimension) and then get it through the F opening (with a door) which is the room I want the sofa bed to be located in. The sofa I want to buy is Alexander Track Arm Queen Sleeper by Bassett which is 78" Long, 37" deep and 28" to the high point of the back seat. I know it can be moved vertically, it will fit since my opening to A is 80". Concern is the depth when moved in vertically is 37", I have a wall that is 35" past opening A. Do you think there will be enough room to turn the couch, slide it and then get through opening F?

Default Re: Will it fit??

Sorry, I don't open downloaded attachments from unknown sources.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

The PDF was a layout of the house and how I need to move the sofa bed through an opening to get it into the guest room. The opening is 29.75"W X 80"H, beyond that opening I have a wall that is 35" away. I know the sofa bed can fit standing vertically since it is only 78" long. My concern is if the depth of the sofa is 37", will i have enough room to rotate the sofa or will the wall (obstruction) be in my way?

That's a small doorway. I would not sell you that sofa based on it going in.

My favorite sleeper for that application is ones where the arms come off, now delivery just became much easier. Hooker furniture used to offer these, I have one left on my showroom floor (not a queen size, full size). The arms coming off make all the difference in the world between being stuck and an easy delivery.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...hlight=sleeper
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.