Thread: Big dogs on my city sofa

Default Big dogs on my city sofa

Hi - have a 2 year old City Sofa #9844 Atticus Sable Grade 2 leather. Most of the 2 years the sofa has been covered with blankets because of the old big dog and the new puppy big dog we have. The sofa is covered b/c it marks easily when the big dogs trample on it.

Any comments as to what I might expect overtime if I remove the covers on the sofa and let the dogs mark And scratch it up with their nails, in terms of the leather look and condition?

Any recommendations or tips on how to perhaps dull or remove the scuff marks on this leather style?

Appreciate comments if anyone has experience on the topic.

Default Re: Big dogs on my city sofa

I'm a big dog lover myself, and we have always had one in the home for the past 40 years. Having said that, if you want your leather furniture to look nice, train them to stay off the sofa - it's quite easy to do and they learn in a couple of days. That's what I have done with almost all my dogs over the years (the one we have now is allowed on, but's she's only 15 lb and just sleeps on a corner). The furniture is not designed for having pets on it, so once you elect to allow them on it then yes, its going to accelerate the wear and tear. Atticus is a South American Pull-up, so its going to show scratches and probably some oil stains from the dog's coats. Increase your cleaning and conditioning regimen to get those oils off, probably every 2 months. Nail scratches you just have to live with for the most part. Good luck.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Big dogs on my city sofa

Thank you sir for your guidance. Your knowledge sharing is very much appreciated. Happy Holidays!