Thread: New iPhone 12 Max Pro

Default New iPhone 12 Max Pro

I just got a new iPhone 12 Max Pro because I take so many photos here in the store to post on the forum and to Facebook (and direct to customers via email) that its important to have color accuracy and clarity. I just did my first set of photos - can you tell the difference? I can really see it on the lamp atop the chest and in general the clarity.

My iPhone 10 x s Max which I have been using since it came out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test X.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	13569

Same shot, iPhone 12 Max Pro

Name:	test 4.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	13570
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: New iPhone 12 Max Pro

This is the exact phone I have been looking at. Can't decide between that and the Samsung Galexy Note 20 Ultra 5G. I still have an Iphone 6 plus, lol. Before that I had android phones. I really love the display on the Samsungs and the youngsters all love that one better, but us older folk tend to break towards iphones, lol. My phone insurance messed me up when I dropped my phone and broke the screen. They sent me a brand new iphone 6 plus for free a couple of years ago, and I could no longer justify an expensive new phone with a brand one in hand, just to get the latest model. It is time. Please let me know if you continue to like it. Once things settle down with my job I plan to get off my butt and make a decision. The old phone is driving me nuts.

By the way, look at difference in colors in your carpeting and the picture on the wall.

I'm going to take a few more photos with it tomorrow in different lighting and I'll post some more comparison shots here. I have fully decided to keep it - its expensive. But if the photos are that much better, I can justify the price tag. I have a lot of clients that buy based on the photos I take of things, so I'm trying to get the best images possible without resorting to conventional cameras as I just don't have the time for all the fussing that requires. 90% of my furniture photos are taken as I am unpacking the pieces, so I need quick and accurate.

if you have a 6 Plus, you would REALLY enjoy an upgrade to at least a 10. If I keep the 12 Max Pro, I'll be selling my 10 XS Max - Verizon offered a trade in on it for $ 360 but with the case I'll probably look for $ 400 if you are interested.

Here's one more set of photos I took today. Both unaltered. The 12 Pro really defines the wood grain on the flooring and the peach print on the wall to the right of the clock looks better detailed to my eye.

iPhone X Max

Name:	X.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	13572

And iPhone 12 Pro Max

Name:	12 pro.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	13573
    Last edited by drcollie; 12-24-2020 at 12:51 AM.
    Duane Collie

Thanks, but I am really kind of set on getting something really up to date. I am one of those people that likes to buy really good quality and then get as much use of it as possible for as long as possible. I bought the 6 plus when it was the newest phone out, 6 years ago now I think. I am looking at the 12 Pro Max 256. I would even go 512 if I thought I might need it in the long run, but that might be over kill. The Samsung is actually more expensive, although the 12 Pro Max is up there in probably second place. The price almost doesn't matter since I plan to keep it for quite a while. I don't need to trade it in for the newest model every couple of years. I try to buy the newest and best and then squeeze every bit of life out of it before upgrading again, lol. I do the same with my cars. Buy and new and drive them forever. The same reason I came to Hancock and more for a Sofa.

One more series

Name:	iPhone10.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	13574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhone 12.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	214.7 KB 
ID:	13575
    Duane Collie

Wow, that chair really shows up the color differences. I assume the Pro Max is the more accurate to what you are looking at in person. Honestly, I like the chair much better in the Pro Mac photo than in the other one. Interestingly, I think the rug looks better in the first one.

Yeah the colors on the 12 seem much more accurate. I went from an iPhone 7 to an 11 Pro last year and even on the non-max model the camera was a huge jump. It really was the main reason I upgraded. I think you'll be pretty happy if you upgrade, Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    One more series

Name:	iPhone10.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	13574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhone 12.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	214.7 KB 
ID:	13575
    Interesting, I guess this Adirondack chair from Hight point market is still available after 18 months. I noticed a boomerang swivel chair (not longer available for orders) Grade 5 Modena Tan burnished still available at the local dealer last month, I saw it one and half year ago and remembered it because of some leather imperfection.

Floor inventory sits around a long time. There are so many colors and choices in nail trim, wood finishes and the like that it's pretty common for pieces not to move. The real key however, is how many orders a floor model generates. If you can take half a dozen orders off a floor model than its accomplishing its mission. I tend to buy too many speciality items like that one chair, which is very unique and limited to whom would purchase it. Those I get to show off what Hancock and Moore can do - not so much to sell it quickly.

Yes, the new 12 Pro Max really captures the details, on that chair photo you can see the threads in the fabric and crispness around the nail trims, and the table in the background has a much sharper molding detail on the edge. The color is warmer on the old phone, but it's artificial - new phone is much more true. Best feature of the 12 Pro Max is that is has a party trick, it takes low-light photos. This is one I took of my daughter last night to test it - there are no lights on in the room except for the Christmas tree lights. No phone I have had in the past could do this. If photos are important to you then you will really enjoy what the iPhone 12 Pro Max can deliver.

Merry Christmas to All !

Name:	S1.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	13578
    Duane Collie