Given I don't have a clear idea of realistic price points on brands (I don't seem to have much luck negotiating price at my local retailer, getting 10% off has been the best I have been able to get them to move on anything) sooooo.... I'm really not sure what brands I can consider when looking at motion furniture. I typically have champagne taste on a (mid to high-end) beer budget...ha. Several years ago when we weren't even looking for reclining furniture I sat in a H&M reclining sofa... it was like a dream... when I saw the price tag it scared me enough to jump out of it before I accidentally marred it somehow.... My sister works for H&M and I can't buy through her or get a discount and even she says she can't afford to furnish her home with it.

I sat in a super comfy BY reclining sofa, on the sales floor more recently. The footprint was relatively small compared to my 10+-year-old Lee Industries Sofa/Apartment Sofa that is still in great shape, all things considered. I would likely have to buy 2 of the BY sofas to replace my current seating space, and the price as it was made (lower mid-grade/priced leather)was nearly 8 grand. I don't want to spend 16K on 2 sofas. I just don't. BUT- if she had it priced at retail, and they could be had for 50% off that price, well...... that might be something I could consider.

My situation has changed since I splurged on my current furniture. When we bought our furniture 10 yrs ago, we were a dual-income family and it was the first time I got to custom-order furniture in my life~!!-- My fabric choices -pillows, all the details...we got all down cushions and really did the whole room up nice... some of it is showing it's age, but honestly I have never had furniture last this long in my life. Life changes though and now I am on disability, additionally I broke my leg and hip early last year and still rehabbing and in pain daily. Even though I replaced the down cushions with standard years ago, I still can't use those sofas anymore. Not enough support. I really need to get a reclining sofa and love seat or sectional. We do have recliners but there is no way to rearrange the space so I can use the recliner to watch television from it.

With the medical issues the articulating headrest that was in BY was perfect and the endless seating positions were awesome as well. Someone told me to try out Flexsteel for a better pricepoint but found them huge and clunky... uncomfortable for my personal build.

I know you get what you pay for. However, I have no idea where to even look besides HIGH-END or GARBAGE. And I have no idea what a realistic price range for the brands are. I know they vary wildly based on leather choices, etc. I just need some brands to consider and ones to probably stay clear of... If it lasts 10 years or so I'm good. Sorry for the long-winded/all over the place message, but wanted to give enough detail to let you know all the things I am up against. Any advice? Thanks in advance