The furniture industry has really slowed down due to Covid, not in orders - but in delivery times and logistics. There are supply chain issues, and as well as shortage of personnel in the factories (for the first time in years Hancock and Moore has an ad out for factory upholstery workers). A lot of older workers have retired due to Covid, and some are taking medical leaves during the pandemic. The transportation industry has also taken a huge hit, not enough people to load and unload trucks. While we hear in the news almost daily about millions being out of work, there are plenty of jobs available in warehouse and loading. For example, I use Murrow's Transfer and in normal times they get a sofa from North Carolina to me in 5 days. I had one ship out of Hancock and Moore on Dec 11th and it just arrived today (Jan 5th), that 25 days and even if you take off a few work days for the Holidays, still 4x longer. They have no manpower to unload and load trucks and no one wants those warehouse and trucking jobs.

This is happening across all manufacturers and all transport companies. If you have something on order, or plan to order it, realize that any seller is going to give you a best guess on timeframe, but the reality is things are taking much longer than we usually anticipate. I find the vast majority of my customers completely understand and are patient, its just the times we live in.

On a personal note, my wife and I ordered a new Thermador Oven for the house on August 4th and here it is 5 months later and we don't have it, and they can't tell us even when they expect to. Good thing our ancient GE oven still works!