Thread: What a bizarre day

Default What a bizarre day

My internet and phones went down today about noon due to Cox Cable equipment failure and stayed down for about four hours. If you were unable to reach the store by phone, that's why. It's also why you may not have received a reply to an e-mail. When the 'net goes down in a modern business, I can't process a credit card, make or take a phone call, check on an order, write a new one, or do anything email related. It's quite troublesome. Then of course, I'm trying to do a few things using my iPhone over cellular, but that doesn't work so well.

And then of course, the assault on the US Capitol today, just 10 miles from my store. I couldn't watch it live, because....internet down......but my wife was texting me updates and I could catch a few headlines. My daughter lives in DC, so I was trying to convince her she needs to leave her job in Virginia and get home before it got dark.

I remember 09/11. Today kind of felt like that.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: What a bizarre day

Internet was down again today for another 3 hours early, then 2 hours this afternoon - just came back on. Trying to catch up, nothing happens when you lose your internet and phones! Please be patient as I catch up.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.