Thread: I tried, I really did. Need to see Blacks/Dark Gray examples

Default I tried, I really did. Need to see Blacks/Dark Gray examples

As I probably mentioned, I really have no vision. I did however assume that if I chose a "near black" shade (probably a darker "cloudy" or "mottled" gray..I don't know how to describe them, just not a SOLID color) I would be pretty safe with my existing recliners. When I look at the BY "Blacks". I see a bunch of black holes. Under the grays, I see some variations, but the closest I can see to a modeled look is 983400-97. I know I can request swatches, but It would help much more if there were pictures of it from a previous order. I did a search, nothing came up. Do you know of any that you can recall, that is maybe not labeled, or another LIGHT black, DARK gray that doesn't come off as one solid color....? I need visuals~. =). Thanks for any help if you have it!

Default Re: I tried, I really did. Need to see Blacks/Dark Gray examples

If I have photos, they are all posted here on the forum and after making over 14,000 posts here - I cannot possibly remember what there may be posted. In the world of B-Y, the last digit is the darkness of the color, is that is any help

983400-97 ; "9" means greys and black, the "7" is the degree of blackness or depth of shade. in this field a "1' would be a very light gray, a "9" the darkest black they offer.

When the second digit in the leather is an "8" that means its a married cover cut and sewn to a particular frame. So that leather is not available on every model, only a few frames.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Found one!!!! It looks to be the same, or similar one but not "married"

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/atta...1&d=1608494388

Hopefully the link works.

Thanks for the additional info on the meanings of the digits. It is helpful! I scanned through the Floor model pics, members' personal pics, other pics of specific colors including names and numbers even without knowing what they were, it is fun seeing what the different styles and colors look like...and how different some can look when over a full piece vs. a small pic of the sample. I didn't mean to imply you could point me to an exact pic of a very specific color, but just if you know if you have taken ANY pics of ANY black or dark gray leathers over the years that might be on the site somewhere so I am not searching for no reason. I assumed it's not the most common color, and might have stood out if you carried any, or specially ordered it. I'll keep looking!
    Last edited by JanJan; 01-08-2021 at 07:02 PM. Reason: including link to photo

That sofa is in my store, but just sold yesterday. It's a good color.Leather is 920600-97 (GR 1)
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.