Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decisions, decisions..

sammysmoon Guest

Default Re: Decisions, decisions..

Hi Duane,
    I did a little more leg work today and was able to obtain samples of the Antelope saddle, Antelope wine and the Antelope rust. I also picked up a sample of Berkshire Merlot and Columbia blackberry. Now, of course my husband says what about the Antelope claret and harness. He thinks maybe some of the others look dark. Do you have any opinion on the Berkshire Class 2 leather? It seems pretty sturdy.
    I also looked at some photos of ottomans and would like your opinion and possibly price on a few models. They are the:
    084 Robinson
    076 Somerset
    I would want to price them in both the Class 2 and Class 3 leathers. Also, do you sell the trays to put on top of the ottomans and if so can you recommend some place online where I might view them?
    I live in Bucks County,Pa and was also wondering approximately how much you think the delivery charge may be for a sofa and ottoman? Thanks again so much.

I have Berkshire in my house on an office chair. Its just OK, certainly thick enough but has a pebbly feel to it and not one of my favorites. Antelope is considerably nicer.

Both good cocktail ottomans. I tend to prefer button tufted myself, but the Robinson is great if you like the drawer space for storage underneath.

# 084

grade 2: $ 1,260
    grade 3: $ 1,344

# 076

grade 1: $ 903
    grade 2: $ 1,043

A sofa and ottoman to PA should run appx. $ 210 or so. No idea on trays offhand, sorry!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

sammysmoon Guest

Wink Re: Decisions, decisions..

Thanks Duane. I guess I will eliminate the Berkshire. Can you please tell me the difference between the Antelope Claret and the Antelope Harness? It looks like my husband might like that color range.
    I also wanted to ask if you think that the Somerset ottoman is a good height for the Downes sofa and would the Rogers bench be too high? So many questions... I really appreciate your help.

Just a color tone is all. Claret is a definite red/burgundy whereas Harness is a brown hide that has slight red tones to it.

A general rule on ottomans is you want them to be 2" less in height that the sofa/chair that you will be using them with. Just check the measurements and look for that in your selections and you'll be good to go.
    Duane Collie

sammysmoon Guest

Question Re: Decisions, decisions..

Thank you. I will have to see if I can locate those additional Antelope swatches. I have another question for you. My family room is only 12.5' wide by 18' long. One wall is all brick with a fireplace. I have 2 upholstered recliner chairs in front of the fireplace. One of the walls perpendicular to that wall has my existing sofa. The wall directly across the sofa has a TV console. The 4th wall has a piano on it. My husband asked why we can't just replace the sofa with reclining chairs. In other words have no sofa in the room... Just 4 chairs. Would you ever do that or have you ever seen that done? I'm not so sure that I would like it although I see where he sees that it would probably open up the room. If you have any thoughts please feel free to share.

There is no right or wrong. Its what works for you and your family, that's all. Four recliners in a room as the only seating is not something I've seen in any residential layout before, however.

If you need samples from H&M, just PM me with what you want and your mailing address - I'll get them to you.
    Duane Collie

sammysmoon Guest

Wink Re: Decisions, decisions..

Thanks again Duane. I did send you an e-mail. Please let me know if you do not see it. I would love to obtain a few samples.

sammysmoon Guest

Question Re: Decisions, decisions..

Hi Duane,
    A few more questions. Have you ever seen the 9840 City sofa made up with studs added? I tend to prefer that look. Also, can you give me your opinion on the 2232 NB Austin Tilt back or any other tilt back chairs vs. the 1845/1844 Downes Chair & Ottoman and the 7039 Journey Lounger? Thanks so much.

Yes, I've done a number of City Sofas for customer with nail trim added. It looks nice!

The # 2232 Austin - I don't sell many of those. In fact, I've never sold the first one! Everyone who buys the Austin series in a tilt back buys the double pillow models.

I like the # 2047 Bradley Tilt Back to go with the Downes series. I've had several of those come through the store and they are excellent.
    Duane Collie