Thread: Hancock and Moore Recliner Bustle Problem

Default Hancock and Moore Recliner Bustle Problem

We just received the Anton model of H & M, after a 4 month wait. There is a major comfort problem with this recliner because the lower bustle protrudes so far it pushes my husband forward in the chair and presses on his back uncomfortably. This was a $7K chair and we are trying to figure out where the problem lies and whether it can be remedied. He has sat in it for 3 days and there doesn't seem to be any hope that it will soften up or mold to his form. Do you have any suggestions and because H & M has numerous recliner models with this same bustle configuration, have you heard of this before?

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Recliner Bustle Problem

Well, first off I hope you did NOT pay $ 7,000 for that recliner and that's an mild exaggeration? If you did, shop around next time, you overpaid by several thousand as that's full MSRP depending on what cover you have.

The recliner is brand new, you said you just received it. The cushions have a break-in period so don't panic yet. Use it and you will find the fiber fill back will settle in over a period of about 6 weeks time. If at the end of 6 weeks, its still too firm then your selling dealer can order that lower bustle cushion for you in Ultra Down (I assume you have standard backs in the piece?). The ultra down is much more conforming. I have not had a # 3052 Anton come through my store but pull the seat cushion out of the chair and look to see if there is a zipper at the bottom of the lower bustle - there should be. If there is, then its a simple matter to fully recline the unit, undo the zipper and pull out the fiber fill core, and install an Ultra Down piece. If there is no access zipper than its much more difficult to access and requires an upholsterer.

And Ultra Down core by itself is $ 100 if you buy it outright. Your selling dealer can assist with either a courtesy replacement (especially if they charged you $ 7K) or a charge replacement, but again, give it some time to break in.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you, this is very helpful. Yes, there is a zipper on the lower bustle, so that's a plus. Here is a photo of the power Click image for larger version. 

Name:	065CE947-3297-46B7-A09C-87CB05E02356.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	13624Anton, in quintessential brandy leather.

One more photo of the bustle: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	640DC991-8816-4010-84F5-475F1494B82A.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	13625