Thread: T&C promotional leathers

Default T&C promotional leathers

I am fairly certain I am getting the Nordic Sofa in Hyde Park Brownie burnished for our living room, but my wife wants a light colored sofa for our "entertainment" room where the TV will be. She likes the Charlie WB but likes the size and price of the Marla better. The city sofa is also in the running for this room.

What I would like to know is if any of the promotional hides are not married and could be had with the no welt option, I am doing welts on the pieces we get with unprotected leathers.

Are any of the hide lines less processed than others? I know they are all processed to some degree, but maybe there are some that are not as heavily finished.

Thanks for any insight.

Default Re: T&C promotional leathers

Martini sofa is in T&C cameo luggage burnished.

The true "Married Covers" are pre-made and cannot be altered. These are typically the ones you see offered in specific hides (with the exclusion of any leather that is "Burnished" as those are not pre-cut, or pre-sewn). If getting one of the T&C items in Group 1 or Group 2 leathers, those are made up in North Carolina and so a stitch closure can be substituted for a welt trim on those in most instances.

All finished leathers are painted. Some have more paint than others, and some look more "fake". Some of the Documents in the browns are the main offenders in that category. Cavaliers tend to be a bit shiny for today's buyer as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The true "Married Covers" are pre-made and cannot be altered. These are typically the ones you see offered in specific hides (with the exclusion of any leather that is "Burnished" as those are not pre-cut, or pre-sewn). If getting one of the T&C items in Group 1 or Group 2 leathers, those are made up in North Carolina and so a stitch closure can be substituted for a welt trim on those in most instances.

All finished leathers are painted. Some have more paint than others, and some look more "fake". Some of the Documents in the browns are the main offenders in that category. Cavaliers tend to be a bit shiny for today's buyer as well.
    Does that mean that a Ricki sofa and Ghent recliner in their married leather covers can't be done with a stitch closure vs. welt trim due to them being in the T & C program?

Yes, that is correct. They are "kit" leathers, pre-cut and pre-sewn. In Married cover frames, you only have the choice of leg finish, nail trim if offered, and cushion core choice.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.