Thread: Hancock and Moore price increase effective 02/15/21 (MONDAY)

Default Hancock and Moore price increase effective 02/15/21 (MONDAY)

I have done dozens of quotes on Hancock and Moore prior to this price increase that is forthcoming, which is starting to concern me somewhat as I know people have tendency to procrastinate and order on the last day. Let me go over a few things regarding this increase.

1) I expect this to be the most significant price increase in recent years. Leather grades are increasing to Nine from Five and many leathers will be re-graded. Additionally, there will be an overall price increase. How much I don't know, don't have the books yet. My H&M sales rep thinks it could be as much as 10%.

2) Last day to order will be Saturday the 13th as I am closed on Sundays (14th). When Monday the 15th rolls around the computers at H&M will already have the new pricing set, so you cannot get a pre-increase price on the 15th, not going to happen. There are always a few stragglers.

3) Don't wait until the last day (13th). I am a one person operation and am easily overwhelmed, you can get shut out. If the phone is busy, please don't keep calling, it means I'm on the other line and if you leave a short message I will call you back. Some people think if they hang up and keep dialing time and time again, it's going to work, but it's actually annoying to see the Caller ID pop up with the same person's name again and again and the other line ringing while I am speaking with another client. Just leave a a message! It's better to finalize your order on the 11th or 12th.

4) Once you place an order, prepare for a long wait. Build and delivery times are increasing, not decreasing. Some other manufacturers are so far behind right now they have stopped taking new orders. While not the case at H&M, they do have a 3 to 4 month backlog (especially on motion furniture) and nothing can be done to expedite your order. Some orders can stretch out to 6 months as covers may not be readily available, or motion components out of stock from suppliers. Shortages of material are real.

5) There are no sale periods coming in the foreseeable future from Hancock and Moore, they don't need the additional orders that a sale period generates at this time.

6) If you need leather or fabric samples prior to the increase, you need to order them today or tomorrow to have a chance at getting them in time.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock and Moore price increase effective 02/15/21 (MONDAY)

Hancock and Moore has already changed the leathers on the website with the new grades and added new leathers. These grades do not take effect in pricing until Monday the 15th of February, all orders coming in this week will be at the "Old" grade structure and current pricing.

I have not seen, nor have samples of the new leathers shown on the website at this time.
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-07-2021 at 04:54 PM.
    Duane Collie

New leathers are always exciting. I see a Maquire Chestnut, a grade 1 unprotected hide. Is that new? It does not say it but I assume with no protection it would be a full aniline hide, which is unusual in a grade I. I will be looking at the rest. I was hoping to get in under the wire for the price increases but looks like some extra money I was hoping to have by now won't be available to me in time. We will see. I also see grades 7 and 9. Yikes, I can imagine the prices thosee will command. I don't see any gater taupe. I was hoping to some day get an ottoman in that. I assume it has been discontinued. Sad about that.
    Last edited by SueCT; 02-07-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Maguire is not new, that's a leather out of South America, its OK, but Tilton is better for a lower-priced pure aniline.

Yes, if the leather you like is pulled off the website, then it's gone. Not enough people buying it to keep it, or sometimes it's a tannery drop.
    Duane Collie