Thread: Bradington Young or Fjords Sockholm for the big/tall guys

Default Bradington Young or Fjords Sockholm for the big/tall guys

I wanted to get your opinion about a recliner purchase. I am 6'5" and around 270 lbs. so needless to say, furniture buying for something that will last ban be somewhat of a challenged. The one store that sells Bradington-Young had a good price for a Kipton but that was the only recliner that they had from Bradington-Young. They also had a Fjords Stockholm recliner that felt very comfortable but I didn't know much about this brand and its quality. Are there any Bradington -Young recliners that I should be looking at like the Alta or the Satchel that would fit me? Also, what is your opinion of the Fjord recliners and how does it compare to the Bradington-Young recliners from a quality built standpoint. I don't want to go over $2500 so I assume that I'm priced out of the Hancock and Moore line. We really don't have many higher quality furniture stores around here so its hard to know what to get.

Thanks for any help that you could provide.

Default Re: Bradington Young or Fjords Sockholm for the big/tall guys

I don't know that you are priced out of H&M, do chat with Duane and see what he can do.

I agree with sam_g, I am wondering if you might be able to get something from the town and country program. You should chelck these out and if any of styles and colors fit your needs ask Duane for a quote.
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...t=town+country
    Last edited by SueCT; 02-10-2021 at 02:24 AM.

I'm also looking for something at the moment. I believe the Redford is right at your budget. Ghent is a little more, so is the Westwood. But I have a Westwood chair/ottomon and love how it sits. The your way motion is an option, but it's probably going to be $5-600 more than your budget but you can literally get anything you want in may different styles.

Hancock and moore Sundance Recliner is the right size for you, it will go past your budget. B-Y Alta can work, but you may feel a bit cramped. What's another $ 500 for something that you can use comfortably for the next 20 years? That's $ 25 a year to get the right size over the useful life of the chair. It's a mistake to set a budget limit in my opinion. Fjords are likely all too small, but they do use high quality Ultra-Mek mechanisms.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Actually, the Fjords Stockholm felt very comfortable when I sat in it. My hesitation was that I didn't know about its construction and that it was built in Thailand. I wonder what they use for the frame? Anyways, i will ask for a quote on this model. Thanks

Fjords uses Ultra Mek, same as Hancock and Moore and Bradington Young. Top quality mechs. They build their own frames of steel and high quality plywood.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.