Thread: Men's Leather Wallets

Default Men's Leather Wallets

I am very hard on my wallets, because I unload furniture with them in my back pocket and get hot/sweaty/etc. Usually I buy a new one every time we go to Italy because you can get really fantastic men's wallets in the Milan / Florence regions that are made right and last for good prices. However, haven't been there in three years so I bought a Shinola wallet at their Tyson's mall store for $ 195 that I have never liked. It has not held up even a full year and today I tossed it in the trash....because......

I just got in a Moore & Giles wallet, the second of two I ordered as a new dealer for them. They supply fine Italian leathers to companies like Hancock and Moore and the much requested Brompton leather to Restoration Hardware. I only ordered two to start with - had to check out the quality. The first one was snapped up by one of my regular customers as I was unpacking the order last month and who I showed it to and he immediately said "Can I buy this?" Sure! The second one was backordered and arrived today. They have been sold out for a bit on these, but they are now back in stock.

https://www.mooreandgiles.com/shop/b...brompton-black

This is real Italian aniline leather, pull-up. No junk. The key to a good wallet (and what is hard to do) is take that edge and fold it over and sew it. When you see that, you know you have a well-made wallet. The junkie Shinola I bought for $ 195 has a painted edge, not a fold-over. How did I miss that in the store when I bought it? Anyways, here's the Shinola just before it went into the garbage can. See the painted edge and how the leather is cracked? And how it is not holding up? The Moore and Giles is right below it in the photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wallet compare.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	13746

And here is the Moore and Giles in Detail, this one is Brompton Brown. The interior lining is leather (not a woven fabric) and the slots for credit cards are actually wide enough so they don't get "stuck". See ya Shinola....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wallet1.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	13747Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wallet2.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	13748Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wallet3.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	13749

Knowing these are in short supply I called up Moore and Giles and ordered a dozen of each, black and the brown. They have good stock and will ship to me in about a week's time. For forum members, $ 180 each, free shipping, too. I think you would like them - I sure do.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Men's Leather Wallets

Duane,
    I am interested in a brown tri-fold wallet by Moore and Giles if you start carrying those as well.

Default Re: Men's Leather Wallets

I can get the Tri-Fold, just email me a request for pricing @ keepingroom@gmail.com
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.