Thread: Specific NC stores for Sherrill, Century and Kindel LR sets

Default Specific NC stores for Sherrill, Century and Kindel LR sets

Hi,

Thanks to this forum, I have a short list of manufacturers for my new LR set. Found a Century set locally, and although it was comfortable, I didn't love it (wanted higher arms). So I created a list of approximately a dozen Sherrill, Century and Kindel sofas that fit my requirements. Unfortunately, where I live, Century inventory is NOT good...I visited 6 stores with no luck. (and I won't buy without sitting on the particular sofa I'm buying).

So I'm traveling to find my right seat. Duane, if you have the inventory, I'd love to hear from you. As a backup, I am planning on making a trip to NC at the end of the week. Given COVID, I'd love to minimize the number of stores I hit. Any specific recommendations for stores carrying large inventory of these 3 specific manufacturers? I'm assuming Hickory Mart, but others?

TIA

Default Re: Specific NC stores for Sherrill, Century and Kindel LR sets

HA! I hear that a lot "I won't buy without sitting on the particular sofa I'm buying". That's needle in a haystack stuff, good luck. What you will probably have to do is check out something similar (unless you get lucky and find the specific model) and go from there or else you will be on the hunt for years.

I don't personally go to any retail stores in North Carolina - when I travel there I am either going to a factory or the High Point Furniture Market, so I have no knowledge of who has what. I have inventory, but even with (50) pieces of Hancock and Moore on the floor, there are over 1,200 frame variations so I only show about 5% of what is available. You are likely to find most retailers to be similar, even ones heavy into a particular brand.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.