We're in the 3rd week of November as I write this, and I know many of you are contemplating H&M purchases in the near future. If you're read this forum enough you know that H&M offers a winter sale period in Feb 2010 with a 5% discount to dealers that have accounts in good standing with them (i.e., dealer pays their bills). This never apples to the Town and Country promo, however. Items there are already fully discounted.

Historically H&M changes the Town and Country promotion to be effective January 1st. Some items will drop out, some new ones will come into the program, leathers may change on pieces being kept in the program AND I expect prices will change (pick and choose) as well.

I also expect some upwards pricing pressure on the main line catalog (again, pick and choose) first of the new year. We've been on the same price list since June 2008, and that's a LONG time in the furniture business.

So if there is a particular piece you are thinking about in T&C, you should order by Christmas. On the main line items, if you wait until Feb 1st, you *may* have your discount gobbled up by a general price increase beforehand.

Just food for thought. I have no inside information and its purely speculation, but I do keep my ear to the rail and can read the tea leaves pretty well.