Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pricing For a Leather Sofa

nhpinnacles Guest

Default Re: Pricing for a Sofa

I agree a truly beautiful sofa!

I looked at the leathers you had suggested and found another one I wanted to ask you about. Its the Olde English, I love the pull up effect. What are your thoughts and is there another pull up you would recommend.

On another note have you seen the Treharn Milford Panel Bed and if so what was it like in person and did it appear short in the headboard?

Thanks again Susan

Olde English is a hide that has great colors and a soft hand, plus its low-sheen. I do find that part of the design of that hide is that is shows surfaced marks quite easily, and tends to vary several shades from the sample swatches. Pull-up leathers are always fun, the Milan Saddle is one of the best in that category, I'd like to see H&M come out with more colorways in Milan.

I've seen the Milford bed on 'short display rails' out at Treharn's place when picking up furniture, it certainly seems to have plenty of headboard to me. However, it really all depends on how much bedding you are putting into the frame.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

otbricki Guest

Looking at the leather descriptions I've seen "sheen" mentioned. I'm wondering what factors go into the level of sheen - is it mostly protected vs. unprotected, or are there other important factors as well.

For example I've seen you mention Antelope as having some sheen to it.

THe protective topcoat is what makes the sheen. Naked, or fully unprotected leathers have none at all. There are different levels of 'sheen', with the old school stuff being the glossy 'glazed leather' that is not much in favor these days.

If we were to give a sheen value of 10 to the high gloss 'glazed' leather of old, and a value of 0 for naked, unprotected, then what you will find is most finished leathers will come in a 7 to 10, most semi-anilines are 4 to 7, and the pure anilines at 0 to 4 (sheen values only). I would give ANTELOPE a 4 value.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.