Thread: Arrived today, and out today...going to Florida

Default Arrived today, and out today...going to Florida

Demand is way up, wait times are still long. This Hancock and Moore recliner was ordered January 27th, arrived at 7 a.m. today (June 2nd) and was for floor stock.

Before I unpacked it (they cannot be re-boxed once unpacked) it was sold to a forum member in Florida. I palletized it and have it ready to ship by 5 p.m. today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrapped.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	13927
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Arrived today, and out today...going to Florida

Do you ship floor stock to FLA that has already been unpacked and is on your floor?

Yes and no. It can't be re-boxed so it has to go via a blanket carrier (get a quote at www.uship.com).

Shipping blanket wrap is not inexpensive and I find most people's perceptions are that it's too costly to do so A single recliner or chair would run about $ 420, a single sofa around $ 670. The recliner that shipped on the pallet was $ 326 residential delivery to Florida and that is dropped at the end of the driveway/parking lot, not inside delivery.

In the past 30 days I have had customers drive to the store to buy floor models from Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan. Some of them rent cargo vans and others use pickup trucks and SUV's.
    Duane Collie

Thanks for the response - given the ordering wait times / or the time to drive up, it might be worth it from a personal want and need situation. My husband's chair has had it and I want a sofa and two chairs. It has become so frustrating shopping as we just don't have quality stores in my area - I don't want "junk" - I certainly understand the shipping costs and realize that it is all rising. My husband actually works with people overseas and the container costs are now off the chart- everyone should be prepared to see that increase in basic consumer goods.

Lucky that you hadn't unboxed it yet!

I have pretty decent stock in the store because I order way out, knowing it will be five months before it arrives. Yesterday from Hancock and Moore for example, I ordered

(3) 5858St Sleek Office Chairs
    (1) 9403St Freeman Office Chair
    (1) 8894G Gordon Glider
    (1) 6246-3 Ava Sofa
    (1) 1089 Powell Recliner
    (1) 6473-3 Milton Tufted Sofa

That's all for floor stock and it will probably arrive in November. Likely clients will buy some of it before it lands over the summer months. Plus I want to get ahead of the coming price increase from H&M a little bit, too. I cannot get my stock any quicker than you can as a special order, so i'm stuck in the same long wait, yet don't want to order more than my store can hold.

Yes, I called that client on the way back from the warehouse to see if he wanted that 1044 Sadler before I took it out of the packing. These are plastic-wrap formed to cardboard trays, and the box and packing are destroyed when taking out of the cartons, so once they are unpacked, they have to go blanket wrap and can't be pallet-strapped. I do have two boxed H&M pieces in my small warehouse right now, a Monaco Recliner in Cameo Stone Burnished, and an Arrington Chair with Ottoman in Piazza Sand (both are the matching twins to my floor display models) should anyone want something shipped common carrier, strapped to a pallet.
    Duane Collie

I'm interested in getting a freeman exec and can't find one near me (Indy). What color/grade is coming?

The 9403ST Freeman Executive Chair I order for stock on June 3, 2021 is going to be in GR 4 Cameo Stone Burnished, Ebony Wood, Base A, Caster 1-DBR. its currently 2 months into the the 6 month production cycle.
    Duane Collie